Chapter 8

Ji Ting asked for two days off and focused her attention on accompanying Shen Tuchuan, who was practicing walking at home. Shen Tuchuan cooperated wordlessly. It was rare that there was no complaint during the whole process. In the end, Ji Ting only found out that Shen Tuchuan had gotten a skin injury on his knee when she accidentally saw blood stains on the prosthesis he took off.

That night, Shen Tuchuan returned to his room. He lowered his head to remove the prosthesis and looked at the scars on his amputated limbs for a while. Ignoring the pain from there, he covered his knee with a quilt in disgust. He took a deep breath and laid down, quietly staring at the ceiling in a daze.

Dong dong dong.

There was a knock at the door. He immediately closed his eyes. These days, he practiced walking every day, and just wanted to rest now. However, the person outside the door was as persistent as ever, and after a while he could only get up and open the door. For the first time, he felt helpless

As soon as the door opened, he saw Ji Ting's bright and youthful smile. Shen Tuchuan paused, leaning on the door frame expressionlessly, not intending to let her in. "If there's something you want to say, hurry up and say it. I want to go to sleep.

"You do you and sleep, I'm here to apply medicine on you." Since Ji Ting was shorter by a head and had a relatively petite figure, she agiley slipped under his arm and into his room. Then she sat on his bed like she had entered her room, and even seriously patted the spot next to her.

Shen Tuchuan had a headache. Leaning against the door frame, he asked, "What medicine?"

"Your leg is injured and it's all my fault, I shouldn't have let you walk so much." Ji Ting blamed herself.

Shen Tuchuan paused, then awkwardly said. "I'm fine, you get out."

"What do you mean you're okay, come and show it to me." Ji Ting glared. This child had been carefully raised by her for so long and had never been hurt at all. Now he was suddenly injured, how was it okay?

Shen Tuchuan frowned and looked at her. After a moment of silent confrontation with her, he compromised a little. "You get out, I'll apply the medicine myself."

"No, you would definitely only do a perfunctory job. I will apply the medicine. After two days, you will be going to school. If you don't take care of the injury now, when it comes time to wear the prosthesis, it will cover the wound and cause inflammation. Then it will definitely become more serious."

As Ji Ting talked, she went to pull him towards her. Shen Tuchuan thought of the horrible look of his residual limb and pushed her hand away in shame. However, he accidentally ended up hitting her arm and there was a crackling noise. Both were stunned. After a long silence, Shen Tuchuan returned to the bed with a cold face, and then sat down.

"Don't worry, l will definitely apply the medicine well, you can go back." He deliberately didn't look at Ji Ting's expression. Accidentally, his gaze swept over her red arm and he suddenly felt an unspeakable depression in his heart.

Ji Ting sighed in her heart. She understood why Shen Tuchuan had reacted so fiercely. That scarred, amputated left leg was his shame, still an open wound, so he didn't want it to be seen by outsiders. But if the wound was left open for a long time, it would eventually rot. She had to force him to expose his wound, so that even if the process was a bit painful, at least it would make him heal faster.

Thinking of this, instead of turning around and leaving as he wanted her to, she sat down beside him and lowered her head to quietly sort out the medicine she had bought. Shen Tuchuan originally wanted to drive her away, but after seeing the obvious red on her arm, he couldn't say anything.