Chapter 26.4

It had already been ten minutes since she left. Shen Tuchuan had already finished changing clothes and was sitting in front of the windowsill, thinking about something. As soon as Ji Ting entered, she saw that he was in front of the open window. She hurried over to close the window and patiently explained to his suddenly gloomy eyes, "Your fever just went down, you shouldn't expose yourself to the wind."

Shen Tuchuan glanced at her darkly and pushed the window open.

Ji Ting had no choice but to help him find a piece of clothing for him to wear. She expected that he would throw it away, which he did. Ji Ting sighed, "You really don't need to repel me this way, I don't have any bad intentions towards you. I'm just trying to take good care of you."

"Scram." This was Shen Tuchuan's answer to her.

Ji Ting was standing still and patiently reasoned with him, "Even if I leave, the family will still send someone else. Those people will definitely not be as dedicated as me. You might as well keep me, I will never bother you, is that ok?"

"Scram."

"......" Forget it, this was a person who can't understand words. Ji Ting decided to ignore it for the meantime, "Well, can you first eat?"

She didn't wait for Shen Tuchuan to answer, brought the box to the table, and placed the buns and porridge on the table. Shen Tuchuan didn't care. After noticing the smell of the food, he paused and glanced at the table. After seeing the buns and porridge, he mocked, "Didn't your seniors tell you that you should take half of this?"

Ji Ting was about to bring out the other food. She paused for a moment and raised her head in doubt, "Why?"

"Because if you don't do this, you will starve to death." The smile on Shen Tuchuan's face was malicious and he looked terrifying.

Ji Ting understood his hidden meaning: This guy knew it was difficult to be his servant, but he still bullied them. She could still understand if his intention was to let the servants go away so that they could live better, but this brother's various performances were just venting his violent behavior.

Shen Tuchuan was expecting a panicked expression on her face. Unexpectedly, she calmly took out a bowl of shrimp and egg custard from the dining box. Then she took out a basket of steamed dumplings and a dish of shiitake mushroom core.

"Master, eat quickly." Ji Ting looked at him expectantly.

Looking at these things, Shen Tuchuan asked indifferently, "Where did these things come from?"

"At a glance it was obvious we didn't have enough to eat for breakfast. There was something else on the table, so I just took a bit more." Ji Ting feared that he would throw the items off if he heard that it was for Gu Zhi, so she lied. "Master, come and have a meal. Your fever just receded and you need to nourish yourself."

Shen Tuchuan's expression was dull and unclear. He slowly walked towards the dining table and began to eat without a word. He seemed extremely picky, only eating the bowl of shrimp and egg custard, and soon the bowl of custard ran out.

Ji Ting was also hungry. As she stood to the side, her stomach rumbled twice, but she did not show it on her face. She couldn't help but ask Shen Tuchuan, "Does Master like egg custard? Then I'll get it for you tomorrow."

"I'm afraid you won't get it anymore." Shen Tuchuan finished the custard and lazily put down the chopsticks.

Ji Ting wondered, "Why?"

Shen Tuchuan looked at her with a hint of ridicule, "Because you took the custard that Gu Zhi must eat every day, and now the custard is gone. It is estimated that the kitchen must be looking for who stole the custard. You will be dismissed before tomorrow. "

"......You ate the custard just so I would be fired?" Ji Ting was speechless for a while.

Shen Tuchuan raised his chin, his eyes showing his viciousness, "I don't think a servant who stole something can still find a job."

This was really the case. This man was really...... shameless ah.

"Why are you like this to me?" Just because she called him son yesterday? Then she is too miserable, because of her mouth, she was directly rejected by the villain.

Shen Tuchuan paused, and there was an ironic arc in the corner of his mouth, "Because I'm disgusted by you, disgusted by you all."

"......"

"You finally entered the Shentu family's house as a servant, but was assigned to me. Shouldn't you be very reluctant?" Shen Tuchuan made no secret of his aversion to her. "Clearly didn't want to come, but still came here to serve and obviously looked down on me. Still pretending to be a soft and pitiful person, you people really make me sick."

......Understood, he wasn't targeting her, but all the people who took care of him. Ji Ting pursed her lips and waited for him to calm down, then innocently said, "But I'm here on my own initiative."

Shen Tuchuan's fingertips froze.

Ji Ting smiled, "I wasn't forced to come. You can ask. I was originally assigned to Master Gu Zhi, but I didn't want to work for him, so I changed people."

Shen Tuchuan expressionlessly said, "Do you treat me as a fool?"

"I'm really not lying to you. When I changed, others thought I was being a fake kindhearted person who was helping the person I exchanged with but really, I just didn't want to take care of Young Master Gu Zhi." Ji Ting feared that he would misunderstand that she came here because of the manager so she gave him a preventive shot in advance.

Shen Tuchuan gave her a cold look, "Everyone is in a hurry to curry favor with Gu Zhi, why didn't you go?"

"Because I don't want to," Ji Ting's face had a sincere look. "Shentu family is a big family, I have heard many gossips. Gu Zhi's mother relied on being a lover to enter the Shentu household. Not only does he not feel shame, he even became the family's big master. I felt that his character must be bad."

Because Gu Zhi was outstanding, no one dared to mention his origin. But now, Ji Ting said it with no scruples, which startled Shen Tuchuan.

"You said that he has bad character and can make everyone like him. How despicable must his heart be," Ji Ting said. "I'm a serious person. Although I came here as a servant, I still have principles. I didn't want to be embarrassed by him, so I took the initiative to take care of you."

Regardless of whether Shen Tuchuan believed her or not, she bowed her head and started to clean up the meal, preparing to eat by herself, "You misunderstanding me, I don't blame you. I can let you have a good meal before I leave, it can be considered to be my due diligence."

After Ji Ting finished speaking, she peeked at him, only to see his appearance like he was waiting for a good show, and her heart felt a bit worried. Today, she was the only person in the kitchen. If something was missing, it would definitely be noticed. If he did not help her, then she may really be dismissed.

Ji Ting looked to Shen Tuchuan in silence, then swallowed her plea for help and went downstairs by herself.