Chapter 28.1

Since Ji Ting strongly stated that she would never get rid of her eyes, Shen Tuchuan had to give up. He would still stare at her from time to time though, occasionally displaying a regretful expression. Ji Ting was being stared at by him so much that her hair rose up. Afraid that he would one day gouge her eyes out, she now would even lock the door deliberately when she was sleeping.

The days passed by and Shen Tuchuan's complexion gradually improved under Ji Ting's meticulous care, but it was only a little better. He would still occasionally have a fever or a cold. Fortunately, Ji Ting took good care of him and he would always recover soon.

After another cold, Ji Ting looked at his health regimen and suddenly realized something, "Master, do you know why you are always sick?"

"Why?" Although Shen Tuchuan still ignored her, he wouldn't randomly lose his temper anymore. If he ever thought her annoying, the most he would do was make her leave.

Ji Ting came over. She glanced at his book and after finding out that she still didn't understand it, she ignored it. She told him seriously about what she had just learned, "Because you are too thin. The doctor said that people must have a certain amount of fat to have good immunity, otherwise they get sick easily. Those muscular men in the gym are strong enough, but they still often get sick."

"Nonsense." Shen Tuchuan sneered at her theory.

"Really," Ji Ting insisted, "If you don't believe it, starting from tomorrow we will nourish your body more, and after you gain some more weight let's see if you still get sick easily."

Shen Tuchuan glanced at her without taking her words to heart, but the next morning, looking at the porridge in front of him, he was speechless, "What is this?"

"Preserved eggs and fattier meat porridge. Starting from today, the goal is to gain weight." Ji Ting said, as she put the weight scale from the furniture storage room on the ground.

Shen Tuchuan looked at her, displeased, "It's too greasy, how will I eat it."

"I didn't put too much, and it's already boiled, it's not greasy." Ji Ting crouched in front of the table and looked up at him, pleading earnestly, "Just take a bite, just one bite."

Shen Tuchuan wanted to smash the porridge on her face, but saw her pleading eyes and couldn't do it. How new, he also had times when he could be so benevolent.

He snorted and admired how Ji Ting was throwing a small fit. Then he forced himself to pick up the spoon and eat two bites. As a result, Ji Ting took it for granted and pleaded for a long time, making him forced to eat half a bowl.

"Next time you try doing this type of thing, disappear from my sight." Shen Tuchuan said with a black face.

The corners of Ji Ting's mouth twitched and she nodded seriously, but the second meal was still the same. It seemed like the bok choi was fried, but it was fried with lard. Adding that in the dish there were other things added in, it was greasy when one ate it.

Two days later, when Shen Tuchuan was approaching the point of anger, Ji Ting suddenly received a message and looked down with frustration, "Master, the main house organized a general cleaning, saying that every servant must participate and clean up for the entire day."

"So?" Shen Tuchuan was expressionless.

Ji Ting sighed and looked at him sincerely, "I don't want to go. I just want to serve you, I don't want to work for others." In fact, she didn't want to serve anyone, but this truth should be left in her belly.

Shen Tuchuan was so moved by her that he was about to say that she wouldn't need to go, when he heard Ji Ting talk again, "That being said, if I work for the entire day, I will definitely have no time to cook for you in the afternoon. Wouldn't our previous plan to nourish your body be abandoned?"

"......Shen Tu family's rules are that four times a year there will be a cleaning, every servant must participate." Shen Tuchuan looked at her indifferently, "If you don't want to go, you can resign."

Ji Ting was speechless, "Then I will go, but your lunch......"

"I'll eat the kitchen's, you just send me a meal everyday." Shen Tuchuan interrupted her.

Ji Ting also wanted to say that she would take some time to come back, but seeing that he insisted, she agreed. After thinking about it, she took the weight scale again and looked at Shen Tuchuan expectantly, "Master, weigh on it, see if you are fatter."

Shen Tuchuan frowned. Although he didn't really want to, in the face of her okay looking eyes, in the end he stood on it.

He was a pound lighter than before. Ji Ting's eyes widened, "How is this possible?"

Shen Tuchuan didn't speak. He recently halved the amount of food he ate because of those greasy things, if this didn't happen it would be weird.

"It must be that you haven't eaten enough...... Forget it, I will not be able to cook for you tomorrow. Let's do it first, and wait until the cleaning is over." Ji Ting sighed regretfully, and waited for him to come down. Afterwards, she also stood on it.

En, heavier by two pounds. She pretended that nothing had happened, and purposefully stood towards the front to block the numbers. And then she heard Shen Tuchuan, "Heh......"

"......" Ji Ting was humiliated and bit her lip. After holding back for a long while she asked, "Master, does this count as a work related injury?" If not to nourish his body, she wouldn't eat so much.

Shen Tuchuan was silent for a moment, "Counts."

"Really, how much is the compensation?" Ji Ting's eyes were bright. In both of the worlds she was so poor that she was very excited about money now.

Shen Tuchuan turned and walked towards the bedroom, "Come with me."

......Oh, was about to open a safe? Ji Ting looked over with anticipation and saw him holding something towards her.

"What is it ah? Gold bars?" Ji Ting extended her hand doubtfully.

The palm of his hand faced downwards, and the object fell into her palm. After two light touches, he let go first and Ji Ting was left with a Big White Rabbit toffee*.

Shen Tuchuan slowly said, "Compensation."

"......Master, if I remember correctly, this was something I gave to you before?" Ji Ting hesitated. Last time she ordered a bag of toffee, she gave half to Shen Tuchuan to let him finish the medicine.

Shen Tuchuan's eyes narrowed, "Now I'm giving you it to you, dissatisfied?"

"......Satisfied, satisfied, who dares be dissatisfied with something you gave." Ji Ting whispered as she put it into the pocket of her work clothes. Then she expressed her emotions to Shen Tuchuan, "I am very grateful for your precious gift, I will definitely cherish it carefully, keep it close to me every day, and take it out at every meal to thank you for your kindness."

"Scram." Shen Tuchuan had still only said a word, but his tone was much more relaxed than before.

So Ji Ting scrammed, but she took her time.

* * *

*Big White Rabbit toffee is a very common and popular toffee in China. It's sweet and usually has edible rice wrapper under the plastic one. It has many different flavors but always has a sort of creamy, milky flavor. The most iconic version is the normal milky flavor one. Very delicious :3