Chapter 33.3

As for Ji Ting, she quickly hurried and so was not late. She panted as she sat at her station and took a sip of water before calming down.

The girl in the next station came towards her and saw the chain on her. Her eyes lit up. "Your diamond looks so shiny."

"Nah, it's just an imitation." Ji Ting explained.

The girl leaned closer. "No, this brightness doesn't seem to be an imitation."

"If it was not an imitation, do you think I could afford such a big diamond?" Ji Ting looked at the chain while estimating the diamond on the chain's carat amount, and asked a little funny.

The girl thought about it too, then looked at the one-hundred yuan articles of clothes that Ji Ting was wearing, and the dazzling diamond earrings on her ears. "Girl ah, if you can't buy it, there is no need to buy a fake one."

Ji TIng: "?"

"But you're okay, at least you admit that you are wearing a fake. Other people might not necessarily do so. You know that Chen Li from the department next door? She carries a fake LV to show off all day, it's unbelievable really." The girl was full of gossip.

Ji Ting perfunctorily laughed. She was only able to maintain a superficial peace with her neighbor who loved drama and was snobbish. Moreover, that superficial peace could only be maintained under the premise that Ji Ting's family situation was pressuring her.

The girl said a few more words and looked at Ji Ting, eyes full of pity. "But I can also understand that your family's condition is not very good, so you always try to seek approval at work by often buying these useless things. But what you don't know is that in the eyes of outsiders, it's ridiculous."

"......Why involve me again? I am only just wearing a small piece of jewelry, why would it be ridiculous?" Ji Ting raised her eyebrows, not intending to let her get comfortable.

Her eyes were already aggressive in nature, and at this moment, she wasn't laughing anymore, so she looked rather fierce. The girl swallowed her saliva and walked away with a fake smile, not forgetting to mumble how she couldn't take a joke.

Ji Ting snorted and ignored her. After finishing her work, she waited for the end of her shift. Before getting off work, she received a text message from Shen Tuchuan saying that he had come to pick her up and was waiting downstairs.

This was the first time Shen Tuchuan had come to pick her up from work. She blinked and suddenly felt that the last five minutes were a little bit tough.

"Xiao Ting, are you free tonight? I want to invite you to dinner." The male colleague who wanted to have dinner last time asked her suddenly.

Ji Ting frowned and said with a distant smile, "Just call me Xiao Ji." This person had been attentive since she came here. She had said that she had a boyfriend a few times, but he was still shameless.

"Let's eat together." The male colleague did not answer directly.

Ji Ting smiled. "I'm ok, my boyfriend came to pick me up."

The male colleague had no intention to retreat. "Let him go back first. Let's have a meal and chat about the things we have in common."

Ji Ting paused and looked at him strangely. When he thought he was successful, she asked with a rather serious expression, "What right do you have to let my boyfriend go back first?"

"We are all colleagues in the same office, so there's no need to not give face." The male colleague's expression changed.

Ji Ting shrugged. "I think so too, so don't say anything to me next time about letting my boyfriend go back first. Really not giving me face."

She did not speak loudly, but she refused firmly. The male colleague snorted and left with a bad look.

The girl next to her immediately came towards her. "Why are you getting mad at him for no reason ah?"

"I'm not angry." Ji Ting was not very willing to deal with her right now.

"Still saying that you didn't get angry, even though your tone changed. Your boyfriend is so poor and can't give you a good life at all. Why are you still staying with him?" She knew that Ji Ting's many shiny jewellery were from her boyfriend; therefore, she was even more disdainful. Being poor was fine, and gifting someone a crystal was fine too, but anything would be much better than a fake diamond.

Ji Ting pretended not to hear her and lowered her head to do her own business.

The girl pouted and then said, "That person just now was the richest in our department. I advise you to think about it clearly. If you make the wrong choice, you will regret it for a lifetime."

"I don't need to think about it, I like being poor." Ji Ting smirked. This woman had been bitter about her colleague chasing her, but now she began to persuade her. It was hard to guarantee that she wouldn't take advantage of others.

The girl didn't say anything else. But after getting off work, she followed Ji Ting outside, saying that she wanted to meet her boyfriend. Ji Ting was almost annoyed to death by this person, who seemed to be very friendly, but only intended to watch the excitement.

She walked out quickly after work, and after hearing the girl's voice behind her, deliberately sped up, but the person still chased after her.

"Wait for me, ah."

Ji Ting rolled her eyes, pretending not to hear.

When she was almost downstairs, Ji Ting once again received a text message from Shen Tuchuan saying that parking was not allowed there, so she should get in the car directly. He was at the gate in the black one.

Ji Ting suspiciously looked out of the gate and spotted a black car. The light was still on as she approached the door. The car was a bit old and looked like an old antique. Although she didn't know where Shen Tuchuan found it, she trotted over to get rid of the follower behind her.

Seeing Ji Ting walk straight towards the car, the girl hurriedly called her, "Where are you going?"

"My boyfriend is waiting for me. I'll be going first." Ji Ting waved, opened the door in front of her, and dove in.

The girl was stunned for a while. She stood there in a dazed state, staring at the car that had already driven off, then murmured after a while, "How can a poor man drive a classic Ferrari car?"