Chapter 18

"Ah!!!"

It was the middle of the night, and no one was in the living room, so when someone suddenly started speaking, Ji Ting screamed and turned around in horror. After seeing the unclear figure in the corridor, she suddenly breathed a sigh of relief and fell to the ground helplessly: "How could you walk so silently? Ah, you scared me..."

"Where are you going?"

Shen Tuchuan stood there, the moonlight coming from behind him, reflecting off his black pajamas. His cold glare with the retro luxury decoration of the living room made him seem like a medieval vampire, his natural indifference and oppressive danger adding to the effect.

Ji Ting felt that her heart had almost suffered a heart attack. She couldn't look at his expression at all. Covering her eyes she said, "I couldn't sleep, so I wanted to come out and walk around for a bit. What about you, why aren't you asleep in the middle of the night?"

"I came out to get something," Shen Tuchuan paused, "Why didn't you turn on the light?"

"......I'm not familiar with this place, I couldn't find where the lights were." Ji Ting recovered, taking a deep breath while answering.

No sooner than she said that did the lights turn on, and the living room was instantly bright. Ji Ting automatically squinted her eyes, and after a while she adapted to the light. By that time, Shen Tuchuan was in front of her, and there was no emotion on his calm face.

"Come, I'll show you around." Shen Tuchuan reached out with a light smile.

Ji Ting was stunned. Biting her lip she took his hand, and asked in a low voice: "Did I disturb you?"

"No, I just happened to come out." Shen Tuchuan pulled up, then turned around and walked upstairs.

Ji Ting watched his steady pace, ignoring her feelings of strangeness, and followed up with the words: "You walking looks natural now."

"En, science and technology progressed really fast." Shen Tuchuan smiled lightly

Ji Ting exhaled, following him with a smile. Shen Tuchuan took her to the second floor, and said while walking: "The first floor is the living room, the second floor is the study room, the third floor has a gym and a tech room, and the fourth floor is our rooms. I will take you to see the study."

"Okay." Ji Ting was originally still thinking about the small iron ring. But after she was interrupted, she forgot about it, and followed him curiously.

As they got to the second floor, there were rows of bookshelves. They were arranged neatly on both sides with a two-meter wide road split in the middle. Even though it was called a study room, it felt more like a library. Ji Ting followed Shen Tuchuan and looked everywhere, examining the very large space: "Can you finish reading so many books?"

"Somewhat, these columns have been read." Shen Tuchuan pointed to the right hand side.

Ji Ting was surprised: "There must be thousands of copies, are you sure you finished reading?"

"Well, I don't have much of a social life, so I spend time by reading at home." Shen Tuchuan saw her not going forward, reached for her arm, and brought her pace up to speed.

Ji Ting followed by his side and could not help but look up at him sympathetically. So rich, but not social, only spending time by reading, no wonder you were unhappy.

"You won't be bored now that I'm here." Ji Ting looked at him with a smile. It's not easy to make money, but it's easy to spend time with someone.

Shen Tuchuan paused for a moment, and a small smile appeared on the corner of his mouth: "Okay, I'll be depending on you in the future."