Chapter 31.3

"Can I put it on you?" Shen Tuchuan proposed.

Ji Ting coughed. "That...... deduct the money from my salary."

Shen Tuchuan frowned. In the end, not wanting to spoil the current atmosphere, he came behind her without a word, reached out to get the necklace, and opened the box in front of her.

With these actions, Ji Ting found herself held in his arms. Any little movement would make her touch him, which made her whole person a little stiff.

Shen Tuchuan pretended not to notice her awkwardness. He took out the necklace and put it around her neck. Because of his unfamiliarity with the technicalities, he bowed his head for a long time before successfully fastening it. During this process, he was sticking to the back of her neck, and the delicate touch continued to disturb his mind. Even after he put it on, he was not willing to let go.

"Is it done?" The feeling of being touched on the neck was too strange. Ji Ting couldn't relax.

"En, wait a minute."

When Shen Tuchuan spoke, his breath fell on Ji Ting's neck. He looked at it, somewhat flushed. His eyes darkened, and he pinched there.

Ji Ting: "?"

She turned her head back and looked at him after she broke free from Shen Tuchuan. She then realized that the necklace had already been clasped and could not help but frown. "You lied to me?"

"No, I just put it on."

"Then why did you pinch me?" Ji Ting was puzzled.

Shen Tuchuan was silent for a moment, then slowly said, "I heard that if one holds the back of a cat's neck, the cat won't move. I wanted to try it."

"......So, what makes you think that the person who has been with you for so long is a cat?" Ji Ting felt like she was more and more unable to understand what he was thinking.

Shen Tuchuan glanced at her in a good mood and turned to sit on the sofa. Ji Ting hurried to pull him. "You just finished eating, don't always sit, I will take you to walk in the yard."

"......Didn't you forbid me from being in the wind?" Shen Tuchuan didn't want to move.

Ji Ting patiently explained, "That's because you wear less in the house, if you open the window you will catch a cold. We will wear more when we're outside, it will be okay, and we can exercise more."

Shen Tuchuan still didn't want to go, but after being nagged by Ji Ting for a while, he managed to stand up.

The weather was getting colder and colder. At least it was still hot in the past, but now it could only be regarded as warm in the afternoon, or on the basis of adding a jacket.

As the weather got colder, so did the relationship between Shen Tushan and Gu Zhi. After Gu Zhi got the rumored big project, he finally became the chairman as expected, while Shen Tushan became ill because he was forced to abdicate.

In fact, originally it wouldn't have been that easy for Gu Zhi to climb up, but Shen Tushan had sealed his fate by giving him 10% of the shares when he was younger. Gu Zhi had also attracted other shareholders and the big project was held by him. Only then was Shen Tushan forced to retire.

It was precisely because he was betrayed by Gu Zhi who he had regarded as his own son that Shen Tushan's illness came quickly and fiercely. He could hardly even get out of bed. One could imagine how big the impact was.

It seemed as if he had gotten older overnight, and even his eyes began to get cloudy. In the days when there was nothing to do in bed, he began to recall the past, along with what happened during those years. But the thing he thought most about was actually his original, biological son.