Chapter 3

"But it's muddy too, dolls are not easy to wash. I'll go back and think about it." Ji Ting wiped the dirty mud on the tiger doll. As a result, the more the dirt was wiped off by her, the more she felt dirty.... She hid it, pretending nothing happened.

The heavy rain was still falling, and the thunder blew from time to time, as if to fall on them at any time. As Shen Tuchuan stared at Ji Ting, his eyes flashed blankly.

"It's too cold. You're not in good health. Let's hurry back to the hospital." Although Ji Ting was wearing a raincoat, she was soaked in most of the rain. The rain got into her clothes and made her body temperature colder. She was covered by the raincoat but felt very wet and sticky.

When she saw Shen Tuchuan's stupefaction, she thought he hadn't come out of the anger of being thrown out of the house and had to go up to help him. According to Shen Tuchuan's character, Ji Ting was ready to be pushed away. However, he did not do so. He just asked in a low voice, "Why?"

"What?" The rain was so heavy that Ji Ting couldn't hear him clearly, so she squatted down and looked at him, "what did you say?"

Shen Tuchuan looked at her face, and the woman looked into her eyes, without any impatience, as if he would not make her angry by doing anything, but——

"Why? Why help me? " Shen Tuchuan thought that he was trash. He had been growing up on the street for so many years. His character was so bad that even his brother after so many years abandoned him. This woman had just met him for the first time.

Why did she help him so much?

Ji Ting didn't expect that he would ask suddenly. She didn't know how to answer. She couldn't directly say that she was bound by readers' complaints. She had to help him, right? But she couldn't think of a temporary reason. Under the pressure of Shen Tuchuan's gaze, she could only vaguely say, "You go to the hospital with me first, and I'll tell you later."

Her words of delaying time fell into Shen Tuchuan's ears and became her deceiving him to go to the hospital. Normally, he would not go back. But this time, after a long silence, he nodded in silence.

  Ji Ting saw that he didn't struggle with this problem, and obeyed to go with her. She immediately felt relieved and reached out to help him up. Shen Tuchuan's eyes fell on the crutches in the corner. After a fierce battle, the old crutch was already torn apart.

"Let me help you." Ji Ting whispered persuasively.

Shen Tuchuan lowered his eyes and rejected her proposal. Ji Ting sighed and said, "Just this once, won't you be ill if you continue to stay under the rain?"

Shen Tuchuan licked his lips and looked down on her hand holding the tiger doll. Ji Ting hid it behind her: "If you don't follow me, you won't get this."

Shen Tuchuan's face was cold, but he didn't say anything, at last, he held out his hand to her.

Ji Ting laughed, grabbed his hand around her shoulder and stood up. The tall youth leaned against her body, although the youth was very thin, but his weight was not light, Ji Ting stood up and after a moment almost fell down.

But she still clenched her teeth, holding his right arm around her shoulder, and her left arm around his back while holding the tiger doll, the two staggered to walk in the heavy rain. As for Shen Tuchuan's other luggage, neither of them said that they would take it away, letting those tattered things soak in dirty water.