Chapter 34.4

The restaurant had a quiet environment, with each booth having a very clever shielding design for privacy. The people sitting in the booth could see the outside, but people on the outside couldn't see inside.

The waiter handed over the menu to Ji Ting. She looked at the price and secretly regretted coming here to eat. But they had already come, and it wasn't in her character to be a cheapskate, so she quickly picked a few dishes that she liked.

After the waiter left, Ji Ting said with emotion, "It's so expensive here."

"If you like it here, I will bring you everyday in the future." Shen Tuchuan carefully tried to recall whether this store was his or not.

It should be, he remembered talking to Zhou Qian before about investing in high-end restaurants.

Although she knew that it wasn't realistic to come here every day, Ji Ting liked his dependable look. She nodded happily, drinking lemonade and chatting with him.

When the steak arrived, Ji Ting backed up a bit for it to be placed on the table. The waiter had just lifted the lid and the sound of the sizzling steak was becoming heard when a familiar voice sounded outside. "President Zhou, please believe me, this project is pretty decent. If not for me not having enough money on my side, I really wouldn't want people to take a slice of the pie."

Ji Ting paused and looked outside. She actually saw Gu Zhi and Zhou Qian walking together. Gu Zhi was much thinner than before, and his eyes were black and blue. Although he was wearing an expensive suit at this time, it was rumpled and he was slouching; he looked very haggard. One could imagine how much trouble this mess had brought him.

"Xiao Chuan, look." Shen Tuchuan was facing Ji Ting, which meant his back was towards Zhou Qian and Gu Zhi, so Ji Ting quietly brought his attention to them.

Shen Tuchuan had already heard Gu Zhi's voice long ago, but originally had no intention of acknowledging it. After seeing Ji Ting's face full of gossip, he paused and turned his head to take a glance, then turned his head back.

"Concentrate on eating." He frowned.

The corner of Ji Ting's mouth twitched. Only after those two people left did she pick up her utensils again. "Aren't you curious?"

"Curious about what?" Shen Tuchuan looked down and ate. "Currently in the entire industry, there are only a few people who can help Gu Zhi with the project. These people are all conservatives like Shen Tushan. For him to find Zhou Qian is not surprising at all."

"Will Zhou Qian help him?" Ji Ting's face was full of worry. Shen Tuchuan had said before that this project was high-risk and high-profit. If Zhou Qian actually participated and helped Gu Zhi overcome the crisis, wouldn't Gu Zhi be upped a level?

Thinking about it this way, Ji Ting thought the steak was not fragrant anymore.

Shen Tuchuan looked helpless. "Eat properly."

"You haven't answered me yet, he'll probably participate in the project, right?" Ji Ting frowned.

Shen Tuchuan was silent for a moment. In order to prevent her from worrying, he truthfully said, "Yes, otherwise, relying on Shentu family's network and status that has lasted for so many years, Gu Zhi will survive the crisis. Zhou Qian must participate in the project to completely end him."

Ji Ting was stunned for a moment and widened her eyes in surprise. "You mean, Zhou Qian is helping you, why?"

"......" Because he is my subordinate. Shen Tuchuan glanced at her, pondering for a moment. "Because a solo project is more profitable than a cooperation."

"Isn't it risky?" Ji Ting asked.

Shen Tuchuan raised his lips. "I'm here."

True, it was better to just forget about this topic. Ji Ting stared at him for a while and then relaxed and laughed.

"Can we eat now?" Shen Tuchuan raised his eyebrows.

Ji Ting nodded smilingly and began to cut her steak. It was definitely expensive, but still worth it. This restaurant's food really tasted good, plus the mood was good. Ji Ting ate until she had a small belly and stretched before stopping.

The two rested for a while. After paying the bill, they went out together. Ji Ting waited at the door as Shen Tuchuan went to directly get the car himself.

Ji Ting stood alone at the door of the restaurant and soon saw Shen Tuchuan's car coming. She was about to head over when she heard someone behind her call out, "Ji Ting."

Hearing the familiar voice, Ji Ting's mouth twitched and she subconsciously walked forward. But the person behind her couldn't sense the mood at all. She trotted directly after her and patted her on the shoulder. "Didn't you hear me, ah?"

Ji Ting speechlessly turned her head. It was the girl from the station next to her. "Ah, what a coincidence, you also came to eat here?"

"How could I afford to eat here? I'm just waiting for my boyfriend, he is the restaurant manager here." The salary at this high-end restaurant was not low, and the girl was proud of her boyfriend.

Ji Ting didn't understand her point, so she didn't follow along with praises. The girl was speechless. "You might not know, but this is also a business belonging to our company. They only recruit waiters who have high scores in different languages. My boyfriend has only worked here for 10 years and has already become a manager; he is pretty powerful."

"Is that so?" Ji Ting perfunctorily replied. She watched as Shen Tuchuan's car came nearer and got ready to leave.

When the girl saw that she refused to praise her boyfriend, she sneered in disdain and looked at Ji Ting suspiciously. "What are you doing here?"

"My boyfriend invited me to eat." Ji Ting smiled. Before, she had said that she had a boyfriend because she wanted to block the company's rotten peach blossoms*, but now she really had one.

The girl laughed and looked at her. "Isn't your boyfriend from a poor family?"

"Even if a family's situation isn't good, it's possible to occasionally eat a good meal, it can be counted as treating oneself." After Ji Ting said that, the car in front of her flashed its lights. As she ran towards its direction she said, "I'll be leaving first, can't chat."

After she finished speaking, she dove into the car and urged Shen Tuchuan, "Hurry, hurry."

"Why are you in such a hurry?" Shen Tuchuan frowned.

Ji Ting said, "I met an annoying colleague, I'm scared she'll catch up and try to chat again."

"If you don't like the place, resign."

Ji Ting gave him a glance. "I've already said it before, after I get this period of time over with, I will."

Shen Tuchuan gave her a dissatisfied glance and began to seriously think about how to close this branch in the shortest time and with the lowest effort.

Ji Ting didn't know what he was thinking. She opened a bag of fruit that the restaurant had sent and stuffed a grape in his mouth. Shen Tuchuan, who was preparing to overturn some things, instantly forgot about the matter.

"Is it sweet?" Ji Ting asked.

Shen Tuchuan nodded. "Sweet."

Ji Ting was satisfied, leaned lazily on the backrest, and gradually got sleepy. Shen Tuchuan glanced at her and lowered the back of her seat for her to make her more comfortable.