5

Antonio blinked, eyes straining against the sunlight that flooded in through the open window, and breath shorting from the weight for a sleeping baby on his chest. He doesn’t remember when he or Jennifer returned home, but he did remember leaving the bar at five in the morning. For once he didn’t feel any guilt from eating a human, and thought of it as progress, or maybe it was the fact that the human trafficked children that lessened the guilt by a mile stone, either way he was going to enjoy his early afternoon with his only child at the moment. He was also going to ignore the fact that Jennifer didn’t have any clothes on, or him at that matter, he was positive nothing bad happened, unless you counted getting their clothing drenched in blood, from their messy meal.

“Well look who finally decided to enter the realm of the living.” Isla teased, she was painting at the moment, she was probably painting them from the random glances she seemed to throw towards them, “I was wondering when the big bad wolf was going to wake up, you’ve slept a little longer than usual you know.” She sounded worried, though she had a knowing glint in her eyes, “I’m guessing everything went well with the two of you?” She ended up having to take poor Kyrie to the other side of the house when they both arrived tipsy and obnoxiously ----- from leeching off each other’s aphrodisiac.

“Yeah, I guess so.” He wasn’t that much bothered with sleeping in, usually he didn’t sleep at all. The bed was only in their house for one reason alone, and even then only Jennifer, Isla, and Kyrie slept for some unknown reason, “missed me?” He grinned himself, taking care to support Kyrie’s body when he turned over on his side, to look at his, awake, wife more clearly.

“No.” Still painting, she rolled her eyes for a quick second, “just wanted to say that you missed a call from Mrs Cullen, she wanted to talk to you, but still decided to stick with me since you were still sleeping.” She would have woken up Antonio, but she didn’t like that he never really slept despite it not really being useful for anything other than passing time. She felt like it was her own way of caring for him, even though it annoyed Jennifer to no end, when she ‘loudly’ fussed over him about it.

“What did she want that she couldn’t say to you at first?” He felt like falling back to sleep, he forgot that she was supposed to call him about a time and place to check the area out.

“For appearances, I told her you were sleeping, and that we were currently flying to Forks as we speak.” She shrugged, “so we need to be at the airport in five hours, because she had sent some people to collect us.” She didn’t mention who exactly was coming to collect them, since she figured Esme probably hired some people, or used her own family members as chauffeurs.

“Thank you.” They would just peregrinate through the darkness, or could even travel through the underworld if they didn’t want to worry about eyewitnesses, or suspsipousn.

“You're welcome, I guess.” She was excited to get out of this dready mansion, excited to see something other than large cities, and heavy traffic, “I wonder what I should do in my spare time?” She was talking to herself at this point, “become a teacher, open a store, take up photography?” She was listing off her few qualities that seemed appealing to her at the moment.

“You hate teens, you're too shy, and your main talent is painting.” Jennifer snapped, “which also means you won’t be able to become a teacher, you can’t speak to strangers without either Antonio or I beside you, and photography for some reason is your worst skill.” She sounded annoyed, but the teasing grin she had on her face spoke otherwise. She sounded pleased to point out her sister’s flaws for once, and for once, Antonio for once, picked up on it.

“No need to be rude.” Isla frowned, “they were just thoughts.” She wouldn’t admit that she felt a little irritated at being called out, she had an eternity to do all the things she wanted, and doing nothing for now didn’t really matter, “you're not too great either.” She muttered, going back to painting the portrait she had of her mini family.

Throughout the commotion, Anotnio stayed silent, picking up on the hostility in the air that radiated between the two women in the room. At the moment, he had to finish up some work, but he was positive that this was something he needed to keep an eye on. This type of passive aggressive teasing had only really started after Isla gave birth to Kyrie, he didn’t know how or why it started, but he was a little worried that their little family would become something similar to what his parents had gone through. Though right now, he could only worry about getting as much work done as possible before they set off to Forks, there was no need to tell his father that he was arriving, in favor of surprising the man with an unexpected visit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry for the delay, but the week of Prom was wild, finally it's over and I can get back to what I love most, writing this book, and Sunflower 🌻
.
Once I reach chapter ten, I plan going back to fix any mistakes I've made. So if you guys see any typing errors, or grammar issues the help would be appreciated ❤️