57

She loved being the center of attention, but sometimes being center took a lot out of her. She doesn't want to feel perfect, pretty, or even think about the best way to present herself to people who wouldn't care at the end of the month, she didn't feel like it, and it felt so good not to care for once.

It felt good to let her freshly wash hair, just be hair. No products, or heat to curl it to perfection, and even the feeling of a bare face free from her favorite makeup products despite how little she used to begin with. Was this how her dear sister felt at times? Like a free bird whenever she woke up in the morning looking like trash, and not caring about it? Far too focused on her own comfort to really see what might be happening around her, and how others might think about it? She hoped so, because this was a good feeling that left her feeling content in all the best possible ways.

She had decided against sleeping in Antonio's room, taking advantage of the fact that she had her own room. Her own to do whatever she wanted with, along with deciding whether she wanted someone in it or not. She had no child to worry about since Isla was very much a baby snatcher at the moment, and she didn't have to worry about a husband, considering the fact that Antonio was far too busy with his work to check up on her. It simply felt amazing to be alone, left to her thoughts and feelings to decipher.

The best thing about this entire situation was that she didn't have a job. She didn't have to worry about getting out the door on time, and she didn't have to worry about throwing on proper clothes just because she had to leave the house.

...What could she do? What should she do? She could just stay in bed all day and turn the television on, watching whatever came to mind, and doing absolutely nothing, or she could go to that spa she had seen before hand...but that required for her to put on clothes, to doll herself up to avoid judgment, and most of all, it required her to leave the house. She didn't want to leave the house.

Sometimes she wished she had something to do. A job to keep her busy, a baby to squash her needs, and maybe even a stable hobby that she could get lost in, something because laying around doing nothing was something she was far too used to doing, and while it was nice, she wished for something to spice up her life. She had enjoyed taking control and bossing everyone around, but she knew she'd get tired of it real quick, she had before, and this time it wouldn't be anything new.

A nurse, she hated people. A bartender, she wouldn't dare serve anyone. A mother, she had Kyrie filling that temporary need, and she didn't think she could handle being pregnant no matter how much she wanted to be. To be a wife was a simple job for her, she never had felt like she was doing anything wrong, nor had she felt like she wasn't providing Antonio with anything he needed. She was perfect at that, and no one had said otherwise besides the small complaints Isla would give whenever she would just disappear for days hunting people down like some wild animal. She wasn't lacking in any areas, but she was lacking in something from the gnawing need of something to do, but not actually wanting to do anything.

"Jennifer," That soft knock, before the light twist of the doorknob was heard. While he did open the door, he didn't dare to step into the room, "are you awake?" Antonio had peaked his head in, all dressed up in a suit and his hair pulled back out of his face.

"Yes, you're always free to come in." She had smiled, and for the first time in a while Antonio had taken the relaxed appearance of his eldest wife. Very rare had he seen the woman so relaxed, but then again they had never done something that she was hundred percent on board with.

"I'm leaving for work." He moved closer, choosing to move her vanity chair closer to her bed. He had reached to brush some hair out her face, though paused to move his hand back to his lap. The silence seemed loud.

"Have you spoken to Islam? Your father?" Unbothered by the hesitation, she moved to drag her own fingers through his hair, the bun becoming a bit undone, though nothing her hands couldn't fix, "or Leah, are they awake?"

"The two of them are still knocked out," He leaned closer, "Leah's also enjoying breakfast, something you should've been eating also." A purr of content left his lips the second she moved to kiss along his jawline. A smug smile on her face as she dug her nails into his scalp, maybe a bit touch starved, or even a bit lonely, the two of them never had any peace together, not since they arrived in Forks, but she didn't have to heart to complain after seeing him so lively around his family.

"Not hungry, remember I ate last night." She hands moved to pull him into bed, a few tugs strong enough to get him to touch her back, but not strong enough to pull him where she wants, "you didn't though, neither had Isla." A kiss placed directly on lips, giddiness bubbling up at the long awaited emotion evoking action.

"Not talking about that, it wouldn't hurt to have a normal meal for once. Felt a bit lonely with just Leah and I." Even if he didn't eat either, only sipping on a cup of coffee, he wasn't that much of a fan. He had never liked the drink, but it did knock off some of that hunger he was feeling. Despite coming in only for a quick goodbye, he figured staying a bit longer wouldn't hurt anyone. It had truly been a while, since he had alone time with anyone, even for himself.

"I don't really care for human food, though." She had been this monster, for much longer than Antonio, and Isla even if it was by a month, her diet had always been consistent of inhuman meals, but only recently had she decided that maybe a pancake every now and then wasn't so bad, compared to Antonio and Isla who quite loved human food more often than not.

"With time, I can't continue with this exotic diet forever. People are getting more observant than ever." And his sister was an example of that, she watched the abnormal like a hawk, and now that she had a vampire boyfriend, she was much more aware of her surroundings than necessary.

"I'll be careful, my love." She leaned to kiss him, arms thrown over his neck, and legs locking him in place from escaping...without her, "so careful to not over do it." Her moment of loneliness was described by a more than welcome presence, the sweet scent of Vanilla, with an underlying hint of cinnamon. He usually smelt much different, but she figured that was just from him being scented on by Kyrie, that milky smell that she had grown to love so much dulling down to an unnoticeable point.

"You smell different?" She sniffled, nose just below his earlobe.

"My new perfume."

"You mean cologne?"

"Burberry, it was pretty strong at first, but I guess it dulled after a while." Surely it was his new favorite, Burberry London winning his heart no matter how 'girly' it smelled after it dulled down a bit.

"I'll be sure to remember that, make sure to keep your desk well stock with it." She purred, a bit flushed from their body heat, more so because of the kisses that had been lining her collarbone. Her head tilted back just enough to allow him to rest his face in the crook of her neck.

"I'll appreciate that, though not right now, I got a few bottles already." He groaned, the feeling of contentment washing over his frame, and a sense of relaxation falling upon him as he fell deeper into the rabbit hole known as Jennifer Swan, "I need to leave for work though, I'm sure they'll be back from dropping off Bella by now." The pink clock on the wall striking damn near nine. He was supposed to be on the move after eight thirty, but plans never seemed to go right whenever he was locked in the arms of either woman.

"A little longer? Can't wait till twelve?" She curled up, legs bunching up his suit, and kisses littered his face. A loud purr escaped at the feeling of a tongue swiping just below her jaw, "please." He'll have to change, the wrinkles ending up out of control, and the scent of Vanilla and honey thickening.

"You smell a bit different also, a bit sweeter than normal?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennifer and Antonio time, much needed, in my opinion.