46

There were many scents within the hospital walls, but for some reason, her's seemed to stick out the most. Doctor Riley, was an exceptional Pathologist, in fact, she was the best that Phoenix Arizona had managed to come across. With skill that surpassed their oldest doctor there, she was held in high regard in order not to lose her. That also meant that while she had many admirers, she also had a select few that seemed to place all their misfortune onto her for simply existing. She was a woman that was loved by all, hated by most, so her disappearance would surely cause an uproar if she was to leave one day fine, and the next gone, never to return.

It would mean that Antonio had to be real careful with this hunt. This wasn't a nobody to the world that no one would blink an eye if they suddenly went missing, this was a person who was held to high standards for being good at their job that was already low on people in their field of work. He would need to extract her from society some way, and realistically speaking, that would take far much longer than the few minutes he had meant to step away, he could've made it much easier on himself, and knocked out that man, before eating a body that they were planning on burning to begin with. He would actually need to work for his food this time around, and while that was exciting itself, it was still convenient considering he craved for the woman, but it was just the sad truth that he wouldn't have her today. He won't have her today, though he was positive that maybe later he'll have the chance in the future.

"Sir, are you lost? Visitors aren't allowed in this section of the hospital." A nurse approached him, luckily for him, the suit has dropped his suspicion levels far more than if he were in casual wear.

"Ah, I apologize, this is my first time being in this hospital. Can you perhaps tell me where the front desk is so I can discharge a family member of mine?" Charisma was the only best friend you needed close by, and maybe an outstanding appearance would also get you what you want. He had to finish it off with a bright smile of his, when the Nurse seemed a bit hesitant to say anything more like she was suspicious that he even managed to make it this far into the back without anyone else stopping him.

"Yes," She had the same bad habit that Bella had when she was nervous, playing with her fingers, "follow me, I'll help you with whatever you need." While she seemed unhappy through her words, she did begin to lead him back through the way he originally came. Moving him past all the ruckus that a group of nurses, and doctors were making, along with moving past one of the Cullen's that made their way out of the hospital room.

Jasper Hale was a mysterious man, and if it wasn't for Aro, he might've never known that this family of seven was so strong themselves. It was strange how they all stuck so close to each other, and it was understandable why Aro would want two of them to join his guard so badly. Seeing the future was no easy feat, and reading minds was very much useful if there was a certain case when touching another person was out of the question, he felt weird knowing that Jasper himself was widely known in the Volturi as some type of war god. He was useful, though easily replaceable, anyone could be a strategist, and Caius himself proved himself well in the art of battle.

"And do you mind telling me what business you are here for? I'll need a name, proof of identification, and the name of the patient." Antonio would ignore it for the time being, he hadn't exactly done anything to warrant his anger, though that didn't mean he wasn't suspicious of the family considering they had stolen, and lied about taking his daughter. They weren't that good of people if they lost the heart to steal a child, and leave a man for dead in the very house they committed a crime in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My bad, been working on somethings. If you've been reading 'Rider Die' I'll be starting that book back up on December  5th. I have also decided that this book will be broken up into ACTS, what your reading now is ACT I, I'll be working on finishing this book alongside Rider Die so that I can get into my other books.