50

Jennifer decided to take her time with getting ready, she didn't need to know, or cared to know how the interaction with Charlie and Sam ended. She had done her job by making the fool regret doing such a thing to her, and there was no need to make him look like a bigger hothead than he already was.

She took the time instead to check on her sister, concern for her well being washing over her when she noticed that she had yet to move. She at first thought it was because of something Frank had given her to calm the nerves, but she wasn't human, and didn't need the time a human would need to recover from such a shock. She should be up and moving right now, but she wasn't, and that scared her.

"Antonio is coming back home with Kyrie soon." She rubbed her back. It was a bit flustering to do this again after so many years. She was doing something she promised to never do again, care, "you'll be so happy to see them again won't you? They'll both be back within arms reach of you." A tinge of jealousy was there that Isla was able to feel comfort from everyone, but her. She was her sister, yet it seemed like they were complete strangers, they even fought like they thought of each other as enemies. She knew how annoying they could get for Antonio, but would he be happier if they stayed out of each other's way?

"Aren't you happy about that?" She rubbed a bit more, a little awkward at the silence that followed behind her words, but at least she was trying? "You can finally cling onto him, and wipe your snort onto Kyrie as much as you wish." If anyone were to say anything about their behavior this month, she was going to disintegrate their bodies out of existence. This was an embarrassing moment for the William girls, even embarrassing for her since three people had seen her be made a fool of. It could all go away if she told her dear husband, but she was a grown woman. She didn't need her husband to come 'save' her from every interaction she had with someone other than him, which was degrading on its own.

"Once he gets back, we'll be officially moving out...so pack your stuff." She'll end up doing it, taking a few of her favorite clothes, but leaving behind the rest so that they would be used whenever they came to stay the night, "don't make us wait either." She planted a small kiss to her temple, blushing a bit before she decided that it was time to go, stumbling out of the room all weird, bumping into a few things, and eventually the door, before she yanked it open, and slammed it shut. It earned a small head turn from Isla who stared silently at the shut door, deciding that it was time to finally get up, and get ready for whatever Antonio had planned this time around.

~~~~~~

He was quicker, a lot stronger than usual, and the feeling of youth was a more welcomed surge than he had imagined. It felt like he was twenty again, and while he was worried if it had something to do with his almost death, he was thankful for the second chance the creature had allowed him to have. He would get to watch his children grow older, watch his granddaughter and any other grand kids that might come around grow up well taken care of, it was a miracle that he wouldn't take advantage of.

'What a shitty den'

That familiar hiss revealed itself within his head, sounding as airy, and graceful as it ever had. It still scared him that his life might not be as entertaining as he hoped for it, he didn't wish to die yet, though all he ever did was drink, eat, and work. A bit rude considering his house hasn't always been this messy, but acknowledged that it looked a lot worse than it did when he was last awake.

He was to handle Sam, though he felt regret after seeing the bruise that wrapped around his forearm, he didn't mean to grab the man so hard, but he also didn't want him to think that he was some pushover. He seemed to be much angrier than usual at the thought of his daughter-in-law being assaulted in his own home, it was a feeling he was overall confused about, though he figured it had to do with the beast occupying his body, that tittered, and critics every little thing that they saw. It was something that he had to work on it private, and it wasn't for Sam's increased capability to heal he would've felt much worse, knowing he had injured a child.

"I promise I didn't hit her, maybe pushed, but I would have never hit her." Out of panic, he rushed through his words, rubbing at his forearm, that throbbed from the immense strength the elder man before had displayed. It was something they would have to look into, he didn't smell like a vampire, but he had the strength similar to one, "I promise, was just looking for Leah."

"Leah's not here? It's damn near eight in the morning, I wouldn't have allowed Leah to come over this early in the morning." He hadn't heard the girl, maybe a little later, but it wasn't like he was able to get up and ask her to leave. He promised not to interfere if Antonio managed to get her to leave home, but that doesn't mean he was happy that his son managed to convince the poor girl, she was the only daughter of the Clearwaters and he was positive that Harry would be hurt to know that Antonio was the one to snatch her from him.

"She's not at home either." Peeved, Sam thought about where else she could possibly be, "she had ended up leaving yesterday night, and never returned home." She was an adult, but she also had never been far off the reservation; there was a huge chance that she was either lost, or staying at someone else's house.

"She's missing? Leah Clearwater, missing?" Weird, though he figured if Antonio wasn't here then neither was she, "how old is the girl again?"

"She's turning twenty soon, or maybe it's twenty one." While it was concerning where she was, he was grateful that Charlie cared enough that he seemed to have forgotten why he dragged him outside in the first place.

"Then she's an adult. Jennifer did mention that she wasn't feeling the happiest at home so maybe she left." That was if she was with Antonio. Sam held himself back, the mention of Jennifer already set a flame deep in his chest, he would most definitely get her back if he still ended up getting in trouble. He promised Sue and Harry that he wouldn't get himself in trouble, yet that scheming woman managed to almost get him arrested.

"She was very much happy! Even if she wasn't she wouldn't leave home, she's smarter than that!" She never would let such things get to her, she would never allow something so small as her parents bother her, or at least he believed she wouldn't, why would she leave.

"Really now?" Charlie took a step back, she didn't seem like it with how Antonio was describing her. He made him want to take the poor girl under his wing as he talked about how much she needed help, "Then I'll see what I can do." Charlie needed his phone, he hadn't seen the cheap device in a while now, and figured the best person to ask about it was Jennifer herself, though he soon turned his thoughts back onto Sam.

"Also Sam," He tried to rub at his shoulder a bit softer than he normally would to avoid injury, "if you don't want to end up arrested, never step a foot inside my house again. Putting hands on a woman is strictly banned within my household." He figured since the boy was stressed about Leah he would let it slide, but never again would such things happen in his house again. He'll forgive the first time around, but never forget.

"Y-yes sir." He wanted to stay, though the feeling of being welcomed was nerve wracking along with the fact that Charlie didn't seem to have any patience left. He didn't want to overstay his already unannounced visit, so he only could hope that Charlie didn't hold a deep enough grudge that he wouldn't actually look for her.

Exhausting, he dealt with things like this all the time, but for some reason that seemed to take a lot out of him. The first thing he did was stop a fight, and that took more out of him than he realized. He had a lot of talking to do, and a 'missing' person to find. He was tired already, and could only imagine the work he would be subjected to when he headed back to work.

~~~~~~~~~~~