44

"She's cute when she's sleeping." Alice was the first to break the silence, eyes focused solely on the child that Rosalie, and Esme had taken. She looked very adorable, and she could see the resemblance of Antonio that the child carried, but she also could see Isla a bit too. It was interesting to see considering that the young child's hair seemed to be getting darker than the current color she had.

"Yeah, she looks like a blonde headed Isla." Leah was sure that the color wouldn't say, but she didn't know what color that it might turn. At one point that she could remember, Antonio's hair had that same reddish brown that his mother had, but she saw now that it was completely gone. Kyrie could possibly have red hair, but she was sure that it would still look pretty cute on her nonetheless.

"Do you think I could hold her while you finish up your work?" She moved a bit closer, just within arms length to take the child if she was allowed, "I'm sure you can't get your work done as quickly with her in your arms." She wanted to hold a baby also, it wasn't fair that Esme, and Rosalie got to have a turn, but she couldn't.

While she thought about a family, having her own child hadn't always been a thought of hers. She grew up in conditions that no child should ever have to deal with, and that alone made her retract at the idea of having her own child...that didn't mean she still didn't want a baby around. The blonde headed child looked so much like Rosalie, and Emmett made her feel as if she was an Aunt, and the urge to hold her grew as she imagined the picture of Rosalie's human life. Long blonde hair, blue eyes, and fair skin, this child could truly pass off as Rosalie and Emmett's if they wanted too.

"N-No thank you." Awkwardly Leah gathered Kyrie a bit tighter, the child squirming a bit, but soon getting comfy again to snooze off. Antonio had asked her to hold the child, passing the child off to someone else just felt wrong to her considering Antonio himself didn't seem to like the weird family that was strangely attached to Bella, "I'm fine, I can handle it." She also didn't want to give the child to Alice in fear that if Antonio came back and saw the child in someone else's arms, he would get mad at her, and take back his offer.

She didn't want to go back home, in fact, she didn't want to be anywhere near the reservation and the dread of having to go get her stuff was anxiety inducing. She was going to have to face her parents, face her brother, and face whoever else was at her house when she arrived, she wasn't ready for that, she wasn't ready to deal with all the screaming, and arguing she knew was going to come when her mother catches her packing everything up into a bag. She was desperate for this, and if that tight grip on Kyrie didn't let them know that she was serious about not handing her off, than the stone cold expression on her face was.

"Though, I'm sure you can't work comfortably like that." Esme smiled, also a bit curious as she took a peak at the child's face. Once the scent of Charlie was gone, the child had snapped awake, and stayed awake, not once had they had the chance to admire her peaceful face since they were too busy running to catch up. It was a dangerous game, asking for the child back considering that Bella had just taken the fall for their selfishness. She too wanted to hold the child, her old motherly instincts flaring as she watched Kyrie's head hang over the side of Leah's arm. She wasn't holding the child correctly, she was positive that position would strain her neck later.

"Yeah, but I think I can manage." The fear of getting her face torn off by Jennifer for allowing them to hold her also lingered in the back of her mind. The woman expressed her distaste for anything other than the people around her, and she was positive that if they really kidnapped Kyrie like Antonio had claimed, then she wouldn't be happy to know that Leah had willingly handed her over, "I'm positive I can manage."

She was almost done anyways, all she was doing was taking a short little test that Antonio had recommended in order to figure out what her level of learning was. It was a bit hard considering she had been out of school for almost three years, but a bit easy considering Antonio gave her study material in the car...material she couldn't focus on because of his reckless driving.