58

"How beautiful," Charlie hid a grimace, a bit annoyed that Bella was even thinking about staying with the guy, but what could he say other than 'fine.' There was only so much that he could do as a father, and running her intimate life wasn't part of the parenting package. If she wanted to be with someone like him, then she would let fate take its course, and show her how wrong her decision is.

"She'll be back before twelve."

"Twelve? Nine." He also didn't agree with the fact that Antonio was going to allow her to go to prom with him despite the both of them collectively agreeing that he was no good, or alive at that matter.

"Dad, just let her have it. Who knows when she'll have a prom again." Pity was truly the winning factor out of this, and most definitely not the fact that Isla had damn near snatched him bald when he disagreed with Bella about going to prom. 'The best moment of her life would never be replicated,' and for some reason, he felt bad for thinking about taking it away from her.

"Thank you Antonio." Bella herself was just as excited, dressed up in the outfit Alice had prepared for her, along with her favorite tennis shoes because heels were a death trap she was far too excited to care about anything at the moment.

"Fine twelve, but no longer than that." Charlie just resided into the lounge chair, kicking his feet up with an exaggerated groan of disbelief, or exhaustion depending on how you wanted to see it, "that doesn't mean I like him though!" He would never, not even if he were to marry his only daughter, he'll still be seen as the bastard who almost killed not only his daughter, but his granddaughter because of his family's reckless behavior.

"Think about it like this! Us adults can finally have a little time to ourselves." Isla grinned, Baby already handed over to Leah who had decided that she would return a bit early to her room instead of joining the others for a drink, "Charlie are you interested in a Margarita?" She herself had a Daiquiri, something she had whipped up herself, along with prodding Jennifer for her choice of drink.

"I'm more old fashioned, though I'll try it." His glass of whiskey laid half empty, the need to make sure not to drink too much until Bella was off in the hands of Edward Cullen himself, "is it sweet?"

"I can make it sweet if you want."

They went on, their main topic being the drinks, while Antonio waited in the foyer with Bella. Arms crossed, and the most serious expression she had ever seen plastered across his face. He for sure wasn't happy with this arrangement, and she was overjoyed hearing that he was going to let up her punishment just so she could attend in the name of memories or something. She understood just how hard of a decision this might've been for him, but he couldn't keep them away forever, it was going to be a matter of time before he had to relent, and she sure wasn't going to give up faith that he and Charlie would come around to the Cullen's.

"You don't have to wait with me you know, I'm sure you'll like to join the others in drinking." Even when he had his own cup in his hand, a regular old cup of coffee steaming as if it came straight out the maker.

"I know, but wouldn't kill me if I missed a few minutes of mindless chatter." he smiled, a bit strained considering he wasn't the happiest with this arrangement, but what could he do if he wanted to keep his precious hair attached to his scalp.

"You don't mind." Her gaze wandered away, her mind going back to what the Cullen's had discussed with her at the lunch table this week, and what she had been noticing, and keeping note of while she stayed here. This week was by far the craziest, and she's supposed to stay for two more, if it wasn't for Intel she didn't think she'll be able to stay much longer without going completely crazy at the lack of response the people here had when weird things happened.

"I don't, you're my sister aren't you?" He watched, gaze holding more secrets than ever. He knew something that she didn't and it made her a bit uneasy, "I'll hate for something to bite you without me noticing." His grin spoke words that she couldn't understand, the constant vampire jokes, and questions of her pale boyfriend making her squirm in her seat. She felt like there was more to the story, and she wasn't the only one collecting Intel for some reason.

"You're right, you'll speak to Edward?" The need to have her family close bothered her a bit, call it jealousy, but she hated when everyone just gravitated towards Isla and Jennifer. They treated the two of them like the most precious gems, yet Edward could hardly be mentioned without some snorts, or words of doubt. They didn't like Edward, what wasn't there to like? He was rich, a little weird because of his skin, and eyes, but rich and godly looking was a plus.

The beauty of Isla, and Jennifer wouldn't last forever like he would, but they didn't know that. Hell Antonio's class, and wealth would slowly diminish as time went on. His ability to work slowed more and more over time. They wouldn't have forever like they would, like she soon would, yet they were treated like they would.

"No, I'm still upset." He shrugged, "I'll just watch him take you away, and bring you back." He nursed, the hot drink filling the area with the strong smell of coffee, and vanilla creamer. His hatred for the vampire might not ever end, how dare they think it was okay to take a child from its home, and blame his sister for it. There would soon come a time when he would be able to properly curse them, but right now wasn't it.

"I'll always wait for you, but never for him."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy New Years! And this is the end of this ACT!!

I bet some of you are wondering why I skipped certain things. Just know that it will all come in time, I also decided not to add it onto this book, ACT II will have it's own book, because I'm scared that the book will start getting glitchy if I have too many chapters on it. I'll rather not have anything come up missing, like my precious 'Rider Die' book.