20

Breakfast was awkward. The sounds of a baby's babbling, and the sounds of cutlery scraping plates hurt to listen to while everyone else remained silent, and distracted with whatever they happened to be doing at the time. Charlie focused on his food, Antonio speaking French into the phone for what Bella suspected was business, Isla feeding Kyrie, and Jennifer loudly sipping on her ice tea. Bella herself was slowly eating her own food, monitoring her 'family' doing the usual thing they did. It was nice that everyone was together, though they were a sight to behold in the little diner that couldn't help but back away for a bit when they noticed that the man of the hour was on the phone. The attention was unnerving, but she enjoyed the awkwardness of everyone trying to make it seem as if they weren't only focused on Antonio. She was also glad that the table was quiet enough that it didn't hurt to take out her phone and record the conversation her brother was having right in front of their face. It sounded serious, and a small part of her was curious to know what it was about despite it not really being any of her business. It wouldn't hurt to take this to the Cullen's for them to translate for her later.

"So," Charlie had ended up finishing his plate, focusing on the girls that slowly ate their food, then focusing on his son who barely had touched him at all, "what made you name her Kyrie? Beautiful name, and very unusual." The little girl had grown on him, hanging off of him, and keeping him company during his random bouts of loneliness.

"Our mother is Scandinavian, and owned a weapon company, so naming her after a warrior was pretty cute around the time." Her full name was Kyrie Chiara Swan, Antonio suggesting she names their first child. The name he had picked was beautiful, but they instead turned it into a middle name.

"Weapons? It's really interesting." They didn't look Scandinavian, but he guessed everyone didn't look or act like what their culture painted them as, "what about your father?"

"He was just American." That decided that moving to England was the best choice after she was born, "We both take after our mother." Their parents had been devastated when Isla wasn't a boy. They already had a little princess, and another wasn't going to do them any good.

"Wow, so this little one has quite the culture behind her." He knew nothing of what the people over in Europe did. He wasn't the best at History, and he never was going to be, but it was nice to know.

"Isn't Antonio a bit of Italian?"

"No, a bit Canadian from my side of the family, but Italian no. Renee was just going through her Italian phase." A bit embarrassing, though Antonio didn't seem to mind much, even going as far as to give his daughter an Italian middle name. He found it funny, and a bit cute to have a certain theme around the names of their children.

The conversation already felt like it wasn't going anywhere, but both parties seem to enjoy talking about names, and cultural background differences. It was irritating considering Bella couldn't properly get a good audio for Antonio's conversation, but she hoped that someone would hear over the talking, and drink slurping.

"What about you Jennifer? Any hobbies you have." Charlie's smile had turned to Jennifer, an equally big smile on her face as she got ready to drop some information on him.

"I like filming, and photography." That innocent little slurp of her drink, had Isla pinching her thigh. The last thing she wanted for her father in law to hear was that they used to be porn stars. She also doubted that Charlie wanted to hear that his son was also one at some point in his life.

"Really? Have any pictures or videos of you?" Interesting to know that a girl like Jennifer had any interest in that. He slightly expected her to say shopping, or even something dealing with makeup considering that just looks like what she was into, but photography and film?

"I might." He wouldn't want to see it. She didn't perform things like people expect she did when she mentions her porn career. What she did was outside the norms, unachievable to the normal. It brought her an entirely new platform that many men and women wished to have for their own.

"I'd like to see them if you don't mind." Seeing what she took pictures of would be nice, a bonding experience he can't get from Bella considering she didn't like taking pictures, or having her picture taken.

"If I have them on me." She ignored a few more pinches, teasing playing with her straw, as Bella suspiciously looked her up and down. Was she flirting with her dad, in front of her husband?

"Jennifer please." Antonio's eyes moved back and forth between his father and wife, "I think my father has seen enough blood, and death." He wouldn't like them, he knew he wouldn't.

"Blood and death?" Now Bella was curious.

"I like taking pictures of gory stuff. The life leaving bodies, and the blood draining from them." A small little smile on her face as she cut into a pancake, "think of it like a gore model."

"Gore model?"

"Yeah, you know those horror movies where a person gets cut up, and drained of their blood? They need fake bodies, or even stand in's for that." The only difference was that she didn't need any makeup or special effects to create her masterpieces, "It's so much to clean up unfortunately."

"Very unfortunate." The mess was terrible, and by the time Jennifer was finished, all she wanted to do was sleep and eat. It was usually Isla, or if she wasn't in the mood either, a servant that cleaned up the mess she left behind.

"Never thought they would need people for that." Charlie found that very scary that she found enjoyment out of that, but who was he to shame, when he used to collect the heads of animals he hunted.

"Antonio tried it before." That was when she made the most money, having someone else do the dirty work for her had made her almost close to a million for just a small twenty minute session, "he'd been so supportive that he wanted to help." And the fact that they used to lead in unsuspecting victims under the pretense of fun was the best moment of their lives...real sad Isla got pregnant and Antonio decided to focus more on work than fun.

"Wow, I have to see it now." A gore model was something he heard about for the first time in his entire life. Having a son, and daughter that participated in it also was something very interesting that he'd like to tell people about.

"I'll have to find those pictures for you then." She didn't know if Charlie was sweet for entertaining her shenanigans, or stupid, either way made her smile.

The breakfast was awkward, and interesting. Bella now wants to see the work of Jennifer who she now believes lied about being a porn star if she proudly announces being a gore model.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gore model?
Does this remind you of a movie or scene somewhere else?