48

The silence in the house was scary. Everyone besides two of the family members were sitting back in the living room trapped within their own thoughts. Of course the main questions were going to be directed at one person, but it seemed like everyone was a bit too worried about the response they would get if they bothered to ask.

"Why did- how did-" Carlisle was confused, but he was sure she would never do anything to jeopardize their family's safety. Why would they take a child from their home? He understood that Charlie was hurt, but it still wasn't their place to interfere with human affairs, it was the cold hard truth that they were going to have to accept, even if it was at the expense of another person.

"It wasn't what we originally planned." Esme tired smiling, though it ended up turning into a grimace, she didn't have Rosalie here to back her up on their reasons, and even she knew that what they believed wasn't good enough to explain why they did what they did, "we didn't want-"

"The child to be alone on top of their grandfather's dead body." Edward groaned, "no one wants that, but Antonio ended up coming back from his date much sooner than planned and saw the state his father was left in. He surely would've noticed his daughter if you two didn't take her." He was upset that Bella was so harshly reprimanded, but what could he say other than he was justified in his behavior. He'll be thoroughly pissed off if someone took his child states away from him also without permission, he was worried, and that was enough for him to be respectful towards his feelings on the matter...even if it was directed at the wrong person.

"I know, but my heart couldn't take it." She would cry if she could, she hated the fact that the child was going to be left alone for god knows how long, "and besides she was the one that ended up hurting him! You think some vampire came in and attacked him, without harming the baby?" She had snuggled up into her husband, whether it was out of comfort or a form of manipulation that would drag him onto her side about the matter.

"She did that? She k-killed Charlie?" Alice stumbled, shock taking over her face as she thought hard about this. She could never see Bella's brother, or his wives, she didn't think much about it though since she thought that being a shield must've been a family thing. She was worried when she suddenly heard about a random man moving with her, he seemed to come out of nowhere and the thought that he might've been a vampire that manipulated his way into her home had crossed her mind.

"I don't think she killed him, I'm sure Antonio would've told Bella that he was dead, and she probably would've been made to move back in with her mother." At least Jasper hoped so, it was also known that no such thing was circling around Forks, usually news of someone's death especially about a well liked person within the community would be known. No one is talking about the death of the Forks Chief Police.

"We saw her, she was laying on top of his body."

"But that doesn't mean she ended up hurting him, she's a baby, he was probably holding onto her when he fell back." That was something they would need to look into, but how? Antonio wasn't very happy with them, and it didn't take a genius to know that the Cullen's weren't going to be allowed anywhere near the Swan family anytime soon.

"I promise you that's exactly what we saw, Rosalie can confirm it." She also didn't leave the baby behind, because they didn't seem normal in the first place. It made her feel a bit giddy to have a baby that might not be completely human, but what they were was a question they couldn't seem to figure out yet.

"And if she was the one to hurt Charlie?" Carlisle's expression turned grim, "what would we need to do about it." He usually had all the answers, but at the end of the day the person in question was nothing but a child.

"W-we could-" Alice groaned, she felt excited, but worried at the same time, "maybe we could just ask?" She shrugged, it wasn't like that would do anything for them considering asking would give them away that they were in fact the ones that took the child to begin with.