42

It was awkward, highly awkward considering that everybody in the room was silent, and the tension was suffocating for most. Everybody had something to say, but wasn't going to say it in fear of aggravating Antonio more than he currently was, it was a sight to behold considering he was holding his daughter in one arm, while the other worked silently on some paperwork in the corner of the room away from Bella's bed. French, it was all done in french, the bane of Bella's existence.

Leah was also a bit quiet, a bottle of milk sitting in front of her just in case, and the other one working on the laptop Antonio had allowed her to borrow. She was made to sign back into school, choosing to instead go online than back into class out of embarrassment, she was almost nineteen and the thought of being surrounded by sixteen to eighteen year old made her sit a bit stiff. She wanted this though, she wanted to finish what she had given up on, and it'll do her no good to reject the much needed help at the moment. Though her problem didn't lay there, her problem started over the fact that someone was staring at her, boring holes into the side of her head as she silently worked on her mandatory files.

It was Isabella. A bit curious as to why a Clearwater was here, and even more curious why one had come with her brother instead of Isla or Jennifer. She had noticed that Antonio was quite close to a few people other than her, Jacob, Billy, Sue, Harry, and apparently Leah now. She didn't understand how people that rarely saw him got closer to him than the girl who was biologically related to him. She was his sister, and even with the lack of contact over the years, you'll think that he'll want to get close with her, learn about her like she wanted to learn about him. She wanted to know what his favorite food was, if he had any hobbies, future dreams, even his past dreams that he had already accomplished. She wanted to know all that, but he didn't seem like he wanted to know anything about her, he didn't bother getting into her business, didn't bother to even get protective over her until she ended up almost dead from a clumsy 'accident.' She felt as if he truly didn't care about her to begin with.

She also felt the way she did, because he also didn't seem too fond of the Cullen's either. While he wasn't making it obvious, the lack of interest he had shown in them when they had introduced themselves spoke in volumes. He was the first human she had seen that wasn't curious about them, not at all fazed by their unnatural beauty, nor how they had come to know Bella. It frustrated her, he was on Edward's ass a week ago, now he wouldn't even spare him a glance, because of that damn paperwork that she had yet to know what it contained. She had a nerve to ask him about it, after all shouldn't she know what their grandparents did also? Shouldn't she even be a part of what he's doing considering he wasn't the only grandchild they had, that was also another thing that she constantly worried about...why didn't they take her? Why didn't they ever give her a call, or even invite her to come visit them if they had so much money? Why was it Antonio that seemed to be everyone's favorite while she was just there?

"You look like you have a lot to say, Isabella." She was also back at square one with him, no longer was he calling her Bella, but instead back to using her full maiden name, Isabella. She hated being called Isabella so much, "do speak now or forever hold your peace." It had garnered the attention of the Cullen's also that tired looking everywhere else, but them out of respect. They had only gotten his name, and age, he didn't bother telling them more, and didn't care to ask them more either. Surprisingly the feeling of being ignored was welcomed since they've dealt with having attention on them for far too long.

"J-Just curious as to what you were working on." That little awkward hair twirling problem she had made its reappearance, an obvious sign that there was more to the story than she was telling, "you haven't looked up ever since you started on it."

"Work, I'll rather finish it now, than later." He'll rather do that than look at her? He could complete his work anywhere else, but it had to be in the hospital where she had almost died, "it's been long overdue, because someone wanted to run with my child." The Bar was already there actually, though the paperwork he was looking at was just a hoax. It wasn't french, and it sure as hell wasn't any normal work he was doing, Halloween was coming close, and like every year he would be hosting a party for all his current, and future clients. Of course, this would never make it to the ears of his sister.