30

Jennifer and Isla were cooking, well Jennifer was watching Isla cook, while both Antonio and Charlie chatted in the kitchen. They had planned on going out to eat that night, and Isla decided that she would cook Charlie something to eat despite the man complaining that he could at least make a sandwich. It warmed his heart that they cared, but he still felt a little bad that they were staying a little longer to tend to him, than going out like they had planned.

The men resided with talking about the animal deaths that had been happening around recently. Jennifer's mischievous eyes twinkled in delight as she listened to how the body of the victim was found. Charlie was unfortunately having to deal with this being Chief, and Antonio was a little worried that something other than an animal was going to get him when he was working.

"I'll be happy to help hunt it down with you, sure we got the apartment, but I don't mind staying longer to help you." Their plan on moving would be prolonged, but he was ready to risk that when it came down to his father.

"No, no, Antonio, don't worry about it. It's my job to handle these types of things, and having you put your life on hold to help with something that doesn't concern you makes me feel as if I'm holding you back." He was happy his son was back, ecstatic even, but he also didn't want him living the life that he had. He didn't want Anontio being trapped here in Forks, where his relationship would fall apart and crumble considering these girls he married didn't seem like the type to live in a small town like this. He regretted ever sticking to his parents side, regretted never moving away with Renee like she had suggested the first time around.

"If your that bothered by it, than I would still continue to move, though I will also be helping you with finding this 'animal.'" He knew damn well that this wasn't an animal that was causing all this trouble. His eyes had even moved up towards the staircase as if he could see Bella talking with Edward now. It was something beyond what Charlie could understand, and it irritated him a little that the man was still in the dark about his two children being involved in something so inhuman.

"No, Antonio, enjoy your date, enjoy your new place, and enjoy yourself." He would love more time spent with the boy, but he couldn't stay here. He wasn't going to allow it, "take the girls to go visit your mother." He was even feeling a little down that he was back in this state. He was holding him back from being great, England was far, but it seemed like he would succeed much more if he stayed there instead of returning.

"Listen to your father Antonio, Kyrie's getting a little restless here. She's running around a lot more." Isla smiled, though it was more directed towards Charlie than Antonio. She was tired of living here, and didn't want to hurt the older man's feelings, but she wanted to move out finally and have their own place where she didn't have to hold herself back so much, "you also can't put the expansion of the company on hold either." He is currently holding it back now, his focus is the bar he's trying to get from the vampire in Canada. A lot of work considering they're curious about what he's going to do, but time consuming since they're having a hard time finding workers since there was little to none of the supernatural that resided in Washington. The next problem he had to worry about was that Kyrie's birthday was right around the corner from Bella's. A week after her's and they needed to be away from Charlie in order to throw her a little party, it would be nice to have a mini one with the family and close friends, but it'll be a disaster to have their business partners come around and bother his family.

"Fine, though I'll always be on standby." He wouldn't argue about it now, just a bit annoyed that he wouldn't be able to protect his father if things ended up going bad.

Everybody somewhat relaxed after that, Charlie cleaning his gun, Antonio reading through some documents, and Jennifer playing peekaboo, real loud though no one was complaining about it yet. It was nice, almost like they were a big happy family, but obviously someone was missing from that little group. Stomping around upstairs as she prepared herself on how she was going to go out on a date with Edward. Should she just storm down there and declare that she was going out? Tell her dad that she was seeing someone, or just walk out and enter the car while Edward did everything himself? She wasn't a mind reader, couldn't tell if Charlie would be happy that she was dating, or not, but she was really upset considering Antonio showed up married to two women.