31

It was a little awkward, the clicks of forks scraping plates, and the occasional sips of whatever drink the other person had. Now this was suppose to be relaxing, something they haven't had in a while, though one of them seemed to be more on edge than the others. This wasn't something that bothered them everyday, but the small glances up towards the two before him were quick as if he was expecting something. He wasn't going to bring it up though, that wasn't the purpose of the date, spending time was more important, and showing off the somewhat finished bar was something else he wanted them to see.

It was weird that they could talk all night without ever falling asleep, but the second they have a date where talking is required they all go silent. Words on their lips that they wish to say, but are unfortunately stuck from ever leaving. It was quiet, and even the babbles of their daughter wouldn't be able to fill it if she were here.

"So, how's work going?" Isla only grimaced a little, always being near his side she somewhat knew if it was going well or not, though Jennifer differed considering the small roll of her eyes at the common question.

"Good so far, managed to secure the bar, though Maxmillion would love to observe the place before it's open to the public." He damn near scoffed at that, he'll take traditional vampires over those other lowercase subspecies, but still the man was a little creepy. The stereotypical, creepy sneak in the night neck biter.

"Really! So that means I can decorate it soon?" Jennifer perked up, she had no say in the other bar, neither of them did considering it was already there and functioning without an owner. They simply made sure it ran smoothly since that's where they got the majority of their food, but they still weren't able to make any changes without the input of the owner, "can we go see it, tonight?" She was a little giddy, thinking of all the pretty lights she could add, and the selection of drinks she could add.

"That sounds like something different." Isla herself was slowly coming to the idea, the animals here in Forks being a little less appetizing than she remembered. Maybe it was because she wasn't suppose to be eating animals anyway, but she was feeling a lot sicker than she remembered and the smell of humans around her was starting to stir something within her, "I'll love to see it too." She still ate the useless food before her though, not meeting the surprised eyes of her sister, of the concerned state of her husband.

"If that's what you two want." He said nothing about it though, only hoping that Isla was just trying to avoid conflict just by agreeing to whatever Jennifer wanted at the moment, "I also can take you to the apartment." Though it was still a bit empty, the things they purchased a while ago were brought there. It would take time to place everything where it needed to be, but it would be worth the wait considering they'll have their own place to live very soon.

"Our stuff arrived?"

"Dropping in the living space like you ordered." It'll be easy just to bring their old servants over from England to move everything where it needs to be, but Charlie, Billy, and Jacob had offered to help, and he wasn't going to deny the chance to hangout with his favorite people in Forks.

"And have you spoken with Leah?" She spoke it real slowly as if she was waiting for someone to give her a cue to stop talking. The silence was a little heavy in the air as they all collectively sipped their drinks.

"No," that was his reason for sending them over to La Push, he didn't want to influence her decision, he didn't want to have any sort of contact with her unless she started it first, "I do thank you for speaking with her though."

"She's a nice girl, it would be nice to have someone new around Kyrie." The mention of having someone else tag along to their little first time meeting was something that she didn't know if she should address or not, "I don't mind her moving in with us." Emily though was a little off putting, she seemed to care so much, but in all the wrong ways and it ruffled her feathers a little when she kept getting in the way.