51

"Whatever you think you want, grab it, you'll be staying with us for a month." Antonio checked his watch, a four hour flight plus a hint of starvation was beginning to take a toll on his body. While he had gone loner without sleeping, or food it didn't mean it felt any better than when he's well rested, and fed. A much needed break was in order, but after he got everything situated would he even think about relaxing.

"A month? Like an entire month?" That was a lot of time spent without Edward, a lot of time that she wouldn't be able to see him outside of school, "why an entire month, can't I stay for half a month, at least?" She saw that some of her clothes were already packed to begin with, probably Isla or Jennifer that did it, but she didn't see any necessaries...probably wanted her to grab whatever she wanted instead of picking for her.

"Look around you, does this house look livable to you? Want to spend the night in this hellhole for an entire month?" He felt a tad bit guilty since he was the one to trash it, but no one had to know that outside of the few that already do, "plus you're grounded, Dad needs to be looked after while he's healing and I don't trust you enough to grow up and watch him while I'm away." He was far too busy to trust anything in this girl's hands, he'd rather monitor the repairs, and check up on his father himself without worrying if Bella had decided to run off to god only knows where.

"No." Plus with a broken leg she wouldn't be able to climb those stairs that already looked rough from something heavy falling onto it. She really didn't have a choice, and there was no way in hell that she could suggest staying with the Cullen's, even with Carlisle, and Esme's parental aura and soothing words. Antonio wouldn't allow it, and by how bitter her father seemed towards her, he wouldn't have either.

"Get your things, we're leaving right now. Better to settle in on the weekend instead in the middle of the week when you're bouncing too and from school." He needed to set up a driver for her, she was in no condition to drive with her injured hand, and leg, and it was also much easier for him to keep track of her with the driver working for him, "you'll be coming straight back no questions asked." No time with Edward, he wanted her in the car on her way back the second she stepped out those doors after school. He didn't even want them to have time to smile at each other.

"I can't-"

"You can't do anything except get in the car, and not keep the driver waiting. The second that bell signals the end of school, you'll have five minutes to get to that truck otherwise I'll put you online." He tossed the bags, it was best to get them into the vehicle first before putting everyone else in. A break from this dreadful town, and the people in it, was much needed.

"Now go get your things, and I won't say it again." In the mist of that, Jennifer silently held her niece in her arms. A bit happy to have her back, but worried since the child seemed a bit irritated, teething probably, Isla was also a bit snappy when her teeth were coming in, but then again she wasn't an expert. It felt nice having everyone back, and not spread around, a nice cozy family, even if one of them was technically the family nanny. She had long since helped Charlie into the truck despite him not really needing it, and what was she going to do with the baby? She hoped to hold onto her, but Isla wanted her so she was glad to hand her over.

"A bit harsh aren't you?" She still smiled though, helping carry the lighter of the load, making the process a bit faster, "she'll be devastated not to see her boyfriend for so long." She, herself, would be devastated not to see him that long.

"She'll get over it, needs to stop being so dependent on him anyways. It's pitiful to watch her whine, and cling onto another person like that, dead or alive." He had long since gotten over the death of his grandparents, loved them to death, but he wasn't going to cling onto them like a child, nor was he overly excited about his new immortal life. Bella would soon come to realize that it isn't what she thinks it is.

"Dependent? Am I dependent on you, like she is to those leeches? Is it truly a bad thing to want to cling onto someone you love?" While she understood, she only had such limited experience with the word. She was nothing but a bird in a golden cage.

"You'll live to see another day with or without me. My dear sister can't seem to live without her precious vampire." At least that was what he saw right now. He hated thinking that any of his family would live a life similar to his, but then again it wasn't his decision to stop them if they ever did want to seek out this eternal punishment.

"Will I really?" Warmed her heart a bit to hear that she was capable on her own, but she never had to do anything on her own free will. She always had a guardian whispering in her ear letting her know exactly what to do. She didn't have to think, didn't even have to work, since those guardians made it their mission to make sure she was comfortable, and happy. Would she really be able to survive without Antonio? Isla? Hell would she have lived to see twenty if it wasn't because of her parents and their harsh expectations?

"You will, I know you will." He kissed her, landing a few kisses on Kyrie, before playing Tetris with the luggage. Everyone around him could live without him, but then again it never hurts to have proper guidance every once in a while, "I'll be driving, you can sit up in the front with me if you want."

"I might," Checking back up on Charlie had her worried, while it would've been good for her temper to avoid Bella, she wasn't going to avoid Charlie, "I'll ask Isla if she wants the spot first." There were only a few people in this world she would give up her Passenger Princess treatment for."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My bad, enjoyed my little break though. It was very much needed, and anyone who's been waiting on Rider die I'll be going through and updating the entire book to my liking. I'll be mostly editing that book before I start uploading new chapters for it.