7

"Why are you pacing so much?" Bella glanced at her father, a little annoyed that he had kept her from going over to Cullen's house like usual. She didn't hate the man, but she was a little upset that he wasn't warming up to Edward no matter how many times she brought him over to pick her up, or even get him to talk to him, "you never do this?" If he was pacing then it must be because something serious was bothering him.

"Just worried." He had long since gotten off the phone with his dear son he hadn't seen in ages, he was returning for the first time in forever, and he wanted everything to be perfect, "just nervous from seeing someone I haven't seen in a long time again." He had double checked if the attic was dust free, and even went out his way to buy new bed sheets, and repaint the walls in hopes of making Antonio feel the love that he had for him.

"Someone so important that you had to stop me from seeing Edward?" She rolled her eyes, she hoped that didn't mean that she was going to be stuck looking at someone she didn't care about for a long period of time, "I could leave if you want to meet this person by yourself." All she had done was sit at the table watching her dad run around the place like a crazy person since he was too busy to tell her anything.

"Yes, Bella. Now stop asking so many questions." He grunted, he didn't have time to hear that condescending tone of hers at the moment, "when they get here you better behave also, your seventeen, act like it." He feared that Antonio wouldn't like it here and leave, that was the last thing he wanted to do at the moment.

"Okay." She held back a sly comment, the confusion of why her father had even spoken to her like that swimming around the front part of her mind. He had never really spoken to her like she was the most annoying thing to exist, so it threw her for a loop when he did, "can I invite Edward over then?" She hoped to at least get a little information about what was going on with her father, and why he was so nervous if Edward was here to tell her.

"No." Edward was the last person he wanted in his house at the moment, "don't ask again, I've already told you no about ten times now." He checked his watch, not at all bothered by the look of disappointment on Bella's face.

"Fine." She didn't understand why she had to be here to meet this special somebody anyways, it wasn't like they were anyone special to her, "call me down when they get here." Edward would be waiting up in her room anyways, this time around she'll have to make sure her room door was locked so that she wouldn't almost get caught again.

"Don't lock your door either, I don't know what you're doing up there, but it better be nothing bad." He had heard voices up there once before, and he thought about Edward sneaking up into her room to spend a little extra time with her. He didn't want to seem like he didn't trust her, but it was hard when she was acting all secretive, and overprotective about why she locked her door at random periods of the day.

"I won't!" She totally would, he was far too busy to bother her anyways, and it's been far too long since she'd last talked to Edward despite seeing him last night.

"I'm serious Bella!" He groaned, the stress eating him alive, and for a second he rushed up the stairs to check the Attic one last time. The change wasn't huge, but all his son's trophies, and favorite color of black, and blues were still there. He hoped his favorite color hadn't changed, he hoped he hadn't really changed in general, but that was only wishful thinking considering he lived with Renee's strict Grandparents for the majority of his life. He might not like the middle class life, but he hopes he'll at least put up with it until Charlie has caught up enough with him in life.

"Bella, I'm leaving! Don't have anybody over while I'm gone." He wanted to be the one to pick up his son, and for a second regretted that he hadn't bought another car other than the cruiser to drive. Hope he didn't mind riding in a cop car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm starting summer college courses this Tuesday, so the Updating Schedule for this book will be every Monday.