52

~Got my penthouse inspiration form the Smith Tower in Seattle, Washington. ~
👆Up above👆

Leah rushed to flop down onto her very own bed, in her very own bedroom. Softer, larger, and much brighter than her old room back at home, but was welcomed so much with open arms. She loved it, could kiss Jennifer who she half assed her likes, and dislikes too, but head still managed to find something absolutely perfect for her.

A bit overwhelming considering this meant that everything was official. She was going to be staying with Antonio, moving out of her parents home, and paving her very own way out of that hellhole she once called home. So many new smells, and an entirely different view was something she was going to have to get used too. There was no more sand, trees, or even dirt that usually would be outside their front door. All concrete, and marble, but at least the sea was still visible to her eyes.

She loved it! Loved it so much, but couldn't help but worry. Her parents knew she was gone, she heard the quiet murmur Jennifer used when talking to Charlie about how Sam came looking for her. Heard it all, but the fear of hearing why he had come was stronger than the curiosity that ate at her wanting to know how things turned out. Jennifer was by no means a pushover, and she made it clear that there were certain types of people below her. He could've done who knows what to her, but a selfish part of her wanted to be left alone in the dark, she didn't want to hear anything, and if her turned off phone was anything to go off of than that along proved just how scared she was to see all the text messages, and calls that people have left trying to reach her.

No worries though. She was beginning school in January, and she couldn't be more excited at the prospect of learning again. She was going to work hard, the need to make sure that she wasn't burdening heavily on her shoulders, and the thought that Antonio might give up on her if she slacked on even heavier weight even when she knew he would never do such a thing. She was still nervous though, she wanted to prove some people wrong. She wasn't stupid, wasn't a failure, and she wasn't going to let something like a boy hold her back again this time around.

"Leah." While she clung onto a pillow deep in though, a barely noticeable knock was heard outside her door. The voice of a man, though from how rough it appeared wasn't Antonio was heard, "mind if I come in." That she was tensing up again, there was one other person who she didn't know if they accepted her or not. Not everyone was very accepting of someone like her, a highschool dropout, then ran to the rich for help.

"Y-Yeah." Though She couldn't doubt that she was a bit calm considering this was the very man that had raised Antonio a good bit of his childhood, "come in." Would he really be as bad as she thinks?

It didn't cause her to loosen even with her reassuring thoughts that he wouldn't be upset with her. While she interacted with Charlie, she never was really close with him like Jacob or even Seth was. She had always stuck to Antonio, and Antonio only. She still watched the older man limp his way towards her desk chair, and plop down with a heavy sign, pure exhaustion lacing his features as he got comfortable.

"Let's have a small chat," He would lean forward his his body wasn't so sore, but sitting back like some beached whale was all he could managed at the moment, "I don't have the right to tell you how to live your life, but you do know your family is worried about you right?" Understanding was all that was shown in his eyes, but what did this man know, what could he understand about her and her reasoning for wanting to get away from her family.

"I know, I just don't want to deal with it right now." The peacefulness was far too great, the calmness that overcame her while she laid in this cloud was also too great for her to ruin the entire mood around her by yelling, and a bit of berating from her loving mother. She didn't want to deal with it.