19

"Do you hear anything they're talking about?" It irritated her to no end that she didn't have any super hearing like her boyfriend, but she was glad when the vampire showed up to just have small talk with her. Of course the main topic of the conversation was her sibling and his wives, "like anything suspicious or dangerous?" She personally didn't believe that either of them could do anything wrong, but it satiated her heart to know that they weren't so perfect as their appearance gave off. Seriously, Antonio seemed to have all the good genes from their parents that she should've gotten also.

"No? I barely can hear anything, but I did hear something about moving." He was more worried about who they were in general. It bothered him to know that Bella never told him anything about her brother, never told him that the man was so...perfect? Did she not trust him or something?

"Moving?" Yeah, she somewhat remembered that Antonio had meant to stay at another place once it was ready to move into, "moving where?" He came back, and now he was going to move back? He really did love hurting this family to a certain extent.

"Don't know, they haven't decided yet." Were they moving back to wherever they came from? To another place? Or were they just talking about their future? He had to know these things, while he was unable to read Bella's mind, he hadn't had the chance to officially meet Antonio. He wondered if he'll be able to hear his thoughts like Charlie's or can't hear them at all like Bella's.

"Don't you talk to your brother? Why haven't you been collecting any information for us to go off of." Did she even know she had a brother before she met him? She acted like everything she's hearing and seeing is new to her, and it might just be considering the man it just now showing up after so long.

"I'd lost contact with him when I was younger so, no. Collecting information? He's my brother, there's only so much collecting I can do." Plus he had been surrounded by his wives and she wanted nothing to do with either of them. She felt a little annoyed with their presence, why was it that he was spending more time with them than her? She understands that she was a little unwelcoming, but shouldn't the older sibling make more of an effort to form a relationship with their estranged younger sibling? He was more focused on his little family than the one he came to visit.

"So you know nothing about him?"

"Other than the fact, our grandparents on our mother's side had taken him in, and gave everything to him instead of splitting it between the two of us." She had called up her mother and complained, the moment she learned this from Charlie. They liked him, but not her? She didn't think it was fair, but both parents took it with a grain of salt, and it probably had to do with the fact that the grandparents didn't like them either and there would've been nothing they could've done for her.

"So he was with his grandparents?" That was something he kinda didn't expect. He was hoping to hear that Antonio had instead moved away when he reached maturity, and after a few years was welcomed back. It was nice of them to take him in during a time of need, and he somewhat wished his grandparents had taken him in when his mother had gotten sick. The sight of her frail body, then soon the uneasy feeling of getting sick himself was something traumatizing, he was mad for the longest when it came down to being turned into a vampire considering it could've been prevented if he was taken away, but he wasn't. He was given a new life where he lived in despair over his lost mortality.

"Yeah, he's been with them since he was young. Over time we just lost touch considering Charlie was the only one with his number and I stopped visiting him after a while." She didn't know if she should've felt regretful for ditching her father, and technically her brother at the time, but she was far too young to even remember her emotions on the matter. Maybe their relationship would be different, maybe he would've come back home earlier? There were so many maybes and what if's that she figured letting fate write itself out without question was the better option right now.