32

Charlie in fact wasn't having the best night ever. Snuggled up close to Kyrie, the older man just needed to rest for a moment, while his daughter's words weighed heavily in the back of his mind. 'Trapped here like mom.' She really said that she felt trapped like her mother, and it hurt to the core that she was leaving again after he just got her back. Just got her and Antonio backed, and he was already ready to move out and raise his family away from him. He really couldn't win in this lifetime could he, his wife left him, his daughter hates him, his son used to hate him, his son is now leaving, and the only thing that hasn't expressed dislike to him at a certain point was his lovely little granddaughter who would soon grow distance once she understands that her granddad is truly a fuck up when it comes to relationships.

"I'm a bad dad Kyrie?" He couldn't keep Antonio when he was younger, his young dumb self allowed for the people that hated him most to snatch someone so precious away from him without a fight. They were right when they said that he wouldn't be able to raise him right, he wouldn't live a good life if he was still under his wing, because he just couldn't do anything right, "like be serious with me." He also felt crazy talking to a baby that watched wide eyed as Bella stormed past him, and almost stomped her into the ground as she stormed upstairs to get her things. It made a tear slip knowing that a small little cut was present on the baby's skin, and it got such a flimsy whimper escaping his mouth when he realized that his daughter in laws were going to hate him next for allowing her to get hurt.

In fact his son was going to be pissed considering he left her in his care with the expectation that she would be safe. He hadn't expected for Bella to rush back home with such an angry look on her face, hadn't expected her to shove past him, and basically trample the baby on the floor just so she could escape to where her ex wasn't anymore. What she said he hoped wasn't true.

He treated Antonio better than her, treated his daughter in laws better than her, and he especially treated Kyrie better than he ever did her. He never had favorites, he promised he didn't and the phone that resided on the nightstand all menacingly made him not want to call the young man and tell him what happened. He was scared that the baby in his lap would be taken, the girls he grew so attached to in the short amount of time taken, his son...also taken. He was so scared.

"Oh." A few gentle taps to his cheek, had him startled, "oh, oh, oh." Though he at least felt a bit better considering she was making an effort to do something she probably didn't completely understand.

"Cheering up Papa? Trying to make Papa feel better over being a failure?" He loved the little girl so much, even going as far as to picture cute little Bella who used to cling so tightly onto him whenever she'd come down to visit. It was honestly tragic to watch from an outside perspective, and that just made it better considering only he would have this experience to himself.

"Oh, Ok." She tapped his cheek again, leaning in closer to the point of breathing down his neck, "oh, oh, oka." She sniffed him for a second, and Charlie paused to watch what she did. Endeared over the fact that she was so invested in him despite the fact that he looked such a mess at the moment.

"Okay? Wanna say okay? Everything's gonna be okay Papa?" He swooned, giving her the extra push she needed and draped her over his shoulder so that she could lay right between the small space where his neck and shoulder met. She loved him, she loved him very much, and he loved her also, "Papa knows everything gonna be okay." At least he could turn Bella's old bedroom into a nice play area for Kyrie if Antonio didn't take her away forever.

"Oka, oka." Kyrie had bitten him, nibbling hard like she usually did to her father's fingers, tearing a bit of flesh from Charlie's neck.

"Oh Fuck!" He shrieked, the need to make sure the baby didn't get hurt while he bounced around, much stronger than the missing piece of flesh from his neck, "Fuck, fuck, fuck." This night couldn't get worse, and the fact that he was having a hard time processing the fact that he had gotten bitten by a baby so hard flesh was missing, meant that he was even having a hard time acknowledging the fact that he laid flat on the ground as the cute little devil nibbled away on his neck. He was going to die to a baby nibbling away on his flesh, the cute little thing looking so endearing as she lapped away at the blood draining from his neck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aw, such a 'cute' moment between grandfather, and granddaughter.

I also need some advice, if I were to put something on Kofi, should I have books that you can only read there? Or should they be like commissions of a sort, almost like creating a sequel to everyone's favorite books. 
Trying to set this thing up, but my marketing skills are horrible