Emma's Pov (25)

It's a below-ground illegal racing game!

Eric was able to make the heavy men at the entrance let us in without much Ado. It wasn't an easy territory to penetrate. I notice some people are being thrown and kicked out of the line despite that, a huge number of people swarm in.

We follow a narrow-lit tunnel, I'm clutching onto Cheryl as much as she's gripping onto me while Eric leads the way.

"What in the heck's name are we here for? Have you been here before?" I ask Cheryl.

"Once, when Einstein was still a novice"

"Einstein?.... Does he race cars here?" I whisper, and my curiosity grew.

"Eric didn't tell you?..." She's watching me in surprise.

"What?"

"It's Einstein's ultimate game tonight against the greatest rival racers ever known here"

"What?... I don't feel the excitement in me at this point" I confess truthfully.

"Don't be like that. The game's way more interesting than you'll ever imagine. I would've loved to be coming over here but Eric doesn't like to, he's here today cos it's important to be a supportive twin. Would you like to bet on him too?"

"Bet?_ You had to ask?" I sigh dryly.

We stand amongst the crowd of people who succeeded in making it inside to cry out when the exhibition of several posh race cars began.
I watch in awe as the VIPs bid on them.

Afterward, the cars that were going to race tonight were displayed as well, raising outcries from a different angle. I feel strayed by the hysteria around but it perhaps made me forget my problems.

Einstein looked so confident and determined while standing there on the podium with his partner and friend Philip Ryder.

They both had been killing it on the ground for ages as I learned. They made it to the finals and if they win, they'll be returning home with a cash prize of five thousand dollars and whatever their rich fans wanted to give to them.

I saw another side of Einstein Hat the notorious boy tonight. And the way everyone screamed at the mention of his name... It was beautiful.

Without knowing it, he's made a name for himself. I feel proud of him at this point. I watch as he climbs down the stairs guided by security. He makes his way into his car. The others did the same and after a few directionals, the race began.

><{{{(•>

The Bandits won!...

I feel Eric beside me sigh in quiet resignation, not sure if it's out of pity or he's just sad about the money he lost betting. I see people dabbing tears off their eyes, some are so furious, others jubilating for their team who will take home the cash prize.

The players are led back into their closet through a heavily guarded tunnel to avoid angry fans tearing them apart, I see Einstein fuming.

Later, Eric leads us through that same tunnel after pulling some mighty plugs to let us in. It's dark and quiet here as we advance.

Every corner is restrained by a security guard making me wonder if we're supposed to be here.

"Guys you're gonna have to wait for me here, I don't think my brother would love to see strange faces at this point. I promise you'll be safe here," he says nodding his head towards a security guard stationed at a corner who also gives him a reassuring nod.

"You mean he won't wanna see my face in particular?" I state blatantly.

Eric shrugs before pushing the door and it's left slightly open for me to see a little bit inside.