25

Trigger warning;
Suicidal thoughts and actions.
Mentions of SA and Rape.

Charlie's day had been very very long.

A whole day with his mother, father and grandmother had left him mentally exhausted. As much as Charlie claimed to be a people person, there was only so much of his own family he could take.

Other people, fine. His family, not so fine.

With a long sigh, he kicked his shoes off before heading to the fridge and grabbing an ice-cold beer. He didn't drink very often, or ever really for that matter. But his family had been overly insufferable today, much more than normal. He deserves one beer... okay okay, he deserves five.

Just as his bottom made contact with the sofa and a long sigh of relief left him, his phone began to ring causing him to groan in annoyance.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled longingly to his unopened beer bottle.

All irritation left his face as he glanced at the caller ID, a fond smile gracing his lips. Sitting his unopened beer on the coffee table in the centre of his living room, he answered the call.

"Grumpy," He greeted endearingly, leaning back on the sofa trying to get comfortable. "How's my favourite little dwarf?"

It was a common thing for Charlie these days, not the phone calls from his favourite client, no, that was rare, very rare. The common thing was trying to find the best nickname for him, Leo really hated Charlie's nickname game, or at least he acted like he did.

Charlie was sure he loved them.

So far Charlie's favourites were; Eeyore, Squidward and Carl, the little old guy from the balloon house movie that Charlie adored and cried at every single time.

After a few seconds of silence, Charlie sat up straighter seemingly on high alert. "Le, are you okay? Talk to me bambino."

Charlie could hear Leo's heavy breathing, that mixed with the loud sounds of the fully brewed storm and... waves?

He's out in the storm?

With the phone clutched tightly in his finger tips, Charlie made his way to the front door, quickly slipping his feet into his shoes before grabbing his car keys with his free hand.

"Leo, I'm here, I'm right here." Charlie said softly, trying his best to gage a response from the younger boy, he asked. "Is there anyone with you? Your siblings? Emilio?" God, he really hoped Leo wasn't alone.

"C-Charlie," Came Leo's strained voice, the sound heightening Charlie's panic, he'd never heard the boy speak with so much emotion, so much pain.

As much as his and Leo's relationship had gotten a lot stronger over the years, Leo was still very reserved. He was always careful with how he worded things and with the tone that he would use.

"I'm here Le, I'm here." Charlie breathed, trying his best to stay professional and push his fear aside.

"They won't s-stop Char, they won't stop, I-I don't know what to do." Leo whimpered, his words confusing Charlie further.

"Who won't stop buddy?" He asked, panting slightly as he ran the short distance to his car, the bitter wind burning his lungs with each intake of air. "Where are you?" He unlocked the doors, hopping in before shakily placing the key into the ignition.