Past

Pete's POV:

Can left after sometime as the maid walked in informing me that the dinner was ready. I changed into comfortable clothes before making my way to the dining room. When I arrived, I expected to see the normal view of lot many people gathered in the dining room but instead I was greeted with empty place. Did I miss something?

I turned around thinking of returning back to my room. Must be I have arrived early or everyone must be stuck with something important. But it's never been like this before, the table was never empty. I had reach the door when I heard Ae calling me. I halted in my tracks and turned to face him.

"Where are you going?" he inquired. "Err... I thought that I was early for dinner so decided of making a quick trip to bedroom." I replied. He hummed in response and stepped closer. "Well, the rules have been changed. From today, you will be having dinner with me and the rest of the people will have their dinner on different time." He informed. The only thing I could do was making an 'o' with my mouth and stare at him as if he had grown a second head.

"What are you thinking? The dinner must be ready." He said while grabbing my wrist and pulling me back into the room. I can see the dining table already set for the dinner. I had been so used to the normal hustle bustle that I forgot to notice everything around.

Usually when I would arrive at the dining room, all other people will be busy helping themselves with food. My place was always reserved beside Ae and as soon as I entered, the dinner would be served. I didn't have to do anything than eating the food and leaving. But today it was different.

When I walked in, the dinner was kept ready but there wasn't any maid to be seen around. I wanted to ask Ae about this but I was worried that he might get angry.

He walked to the usual place and pulled out the chair for me. I thanked him and made myself comfortable while he occupied the chair beside me. I looked around the place to see if there was any maid but there was no one around. Just then, Ae began to serve the food. Was I dreaming?? Why is he being so gentle today?

"I asked them to prepare your favorite. I hope you like it." He said. It was then I noticed the food and realized that they were all my favorite dishes. "Thank you khrab." I said and then began to eat. The food was really delicious and I was more than happy. It wasn't just the food that got me happy but the fact that I had some alone time with him. Except for the car and bedroom, we never spent time alone. And we didn't have much to speak to.

"Did you like the soft toy?" he asked while chewing his food. "Yes... A lot... Thank you very much." I said. Why is he being so different today? I didn't know what to say or do so I began to shove the food inside my mouth. I finished it soon and excused myself.

I returned back to bedroom and was headed straight to bathroom. I stripped myself off the clothes and stood into the shower while thinking about what had happened. The hot water coming from the shower was leaving a tingling feeling over my skin. It felt soothing to my skin. Slowly, my mind drifted off to the time when I had met him.

Flashback:

I was working in a shabby restaurant as a waiter. I could hardly manage my living through the small income I received from this job. I was trying to find another job in order to earn little more so that I could at least afford the food and rent of my house but I was unsuccessful.

I was a school dropout since I couldn't afford to pay the fees. With no proper education and income, it was really difficult surviving. My parents died when I was only 2 years old so it was only my grandmother who was left. She raised me and looked after me till the day she passed away. When she went to market to buy groceries, she was hit by a car and died.