Insult

I am thankful to all my readers who had sent me so many messages to assure me that they are there with me and also for the condolences. Thank you very much for assuring me that you can feel the same pain and sharing your stories with me. You let me know that you too have lost a beloved ones and can feel my pain. Thank you for understanding me and for all your encouraging and beautiful words. I know what happened cannot be changed and I have finally accepted the fact that he won't return back. But I can see him play and bark in all the videos that I have with me. I guess with time, I will slowly learn to let go.......

Pete's POV:

(Continuation of flashback....)

Everything was going well in the house except for some occasional stuff that made me realize that there will always be things that I would keep yearning for..... wedding, child, family.... All this would just be a dream for me. There was no way that I can actually live this dream so I tried to keep myself away from these things. As a result, I stopped watching television because the happy endings were hurting like shit.

Now, I didn't have much stuff to do except for visiting the kitchen and trying to cook something new or sitting in balcony and basking in sun light which was possible only in morning or during sunset. I would talk to Can sometimes but it could never settle this uneasy feelings inside me. I tried to cover up my sadness in front of Ae so that he won't think that I was weak. Last thing I wanted to do was to make him regret for having brought me here.

It was approaching dinner time so I put on a brave face and walked out of the room making my way downstairs. I can see everyone was already present and as soon as I stepped into the dining room, they began to greet me. I replied to them while making my way to the place which was already reserved. I was just few steps away when I happen to hear one of the maid whisper, "Here comes the slut... I wonder how can boss tolerate his sight!! I don't find anything interesting about him."

That was a strong blow to my fragile heart that was already crumbling into pieces. I halted in tracks unable to move any further. I felt tears pricking my eyes and I was worried that they might escape soon. Everyone was busy with their food and I didn't want any more drama to be caused here because of me. I took in a deep breathe while trying to calm myself down and then turned around making my way out of the room.

I hurried through the crowd avoiding to look at the faces of people present inside and also trying to avoid the calls coming from behind. I can clearly distinguish Ae's voice from the rest as he called my name but I was not ready to face him. I dashed out of the room and hurriedly began to climb the steps. I rushed passed by some maids whose concerned questions were heard as I flew past them. They were asking me if something was wrong but I was not in state to answer.

Finally, I entered my room and closed the door locking it. I climbed into my bed and covered myself with duvet and let the emotions flow. I was hurt beyond limits this time. Was it really true what they said? I won't say that it was their mistake too because my relation with Ae had no name. Yes, I slept with him, he took me out and all but that was not something that anyone had a right to talk about. If only I knew that it was going to hurt this bad, I would have opted to leave rather than staying here.

Why it had to be always me who got hurt in the end? I already had a hard time in life. I lost my parents, my granny was the only person I had in life but then she too left me alone. Why does it have to be like this?

I didn't know how long I had been crying but the duvet covering me was helping me to muffle the sobs. I didn't want anyone to know that I felt hurt.

I heard a click sound and realized that someone has entered my room. I quickly wiped off the tears and pretended to be asleep. After a while, I felt the mattress around me dip and knew that it was Ae. Please God, don't let him see me like this. Please.......