Change

Pete’s POV:

(Continuation of flashback….)

I woke in the morning to find myself lying in bed completely dressed and covered with duvet. Then, the moments from last night slowly began to surface themselves. I remembered him being very gentle with me. I smiled and then turned a bit to look at him but the place beside me was empty.

I moved a bit and then sat up and looked around the place. Everything was in place and he was nowhere around to be seen. My heart began to hammer in my chest thinking about what was going to follow. Did he just wanted to use me?? Was he now going to throw me out??

I was scared and worried. I looked at the clock that showed 8.30 am in morning. I should have woken up and got ready to visit the gift shop for interview. I tried to move but felt pain in my lower back.

My sweet morning was now consumed with worries and anxiety. I thought of confronting him but then, the door of the room was open and he walked in. I can now see his face more clearly in the daylight and he was more handsome than I thought him to be. I watched him as he entered the room carrying a tray containing a glass of water.

“Did you sleep well?” he inquired while placing the tray on nightstand and sitting down on bed. “Yes….” I replied while fidgeting with my fingers. “Okay….” He said and moved to grab the glass of water. He handed me some pill and then glass of water. “This will ease out your pain…” he said. So he knew that I would be in pain. I accepted the pill and glass of water from him. I swallowed the pill and gulped it down with aid of water.

“So, since it’s your first day in the house, I’ll ask the maid to bring your breakfast to your room. Get fresh, I’ll show you around.” He said. I nodded in response and slowly climbed down the bed. I was still in pain and happen to slip but he was in time to catch me. I thanked him and then walked inside the bathroom. I hurried to get fresh and then walked out.

"I'll show you your bedroom and then we can go around the house." He said while gesturing me to follow. By now, the pill was showing it's effect since the pain subsided. He walked out of the room and then moved to the door next to the one I had stayed. He pushed the door open and motioned me to follow. He switched on the lights revealing a room painted with bright colours and lively look. This room was actually contrasting to the ones I had stayed in earlier.

"This is your room, adjacent to mine. And this door...." He said while moving to push open the door. "It allows me to enter your room directly...." He informed. When he opened the door, I was greeted by the same sight of the bedroom where I had slept last night.

"Clothes are already stocked inside the cupboard, all the necessities already placed in the place. If you need anything else, you can let me know." He said. I looked around the place and I can see that there was everything I needed.

After instructing me about everything, he then ushered me to the dining room which was really huge. It was completely empty except for the maids. There were two plates kept ready on the table. He walked up to the chairs and pulled one out for me. I sat down and then watched him occupy the adjacent chair. "This will be your place from now on. You'll be sitting in this chair, beside me, for all your meals. There will be people around since the time will be same for everyone so you have to keep in mind that your place is next to me." He informed. I nodded in response and then the maids began to serve the food.

After breakfast, he showed me around the place informing me about his work and all the things he was dealing in. No wonder he has so many people walking around the house. We were walking in the garden when I caught the sight of someone being dragged.