Propose

Pete's POV:

The villa was really beautiful and something that one would always wish to have for themselves. "You can get fresh, I will get our luggage." Ae suggested. I hummed in response and waited for him to leave so that I could hurry to get fresh. Since the bathroom offered the entire view from inside and vice versa, I had to be real quick so that I could walk out before Ae returns back to room.

I got fresh and then walked out of the bathroom patting my face with towel to wipe off the water that was on my face. Just then Ae happened to enter the room with luggage. Seeing that sight brought a smile on my lips thinking that this is how it would have looked if we were normal couple. My smile didn't go unnoticed by Ae who shot a question at me the very next second, "Why are you smiling?"

"Err.... I was just thinking something." I replied while trying to compose my flustered self. He left the luggage in the place and walked towards me with an unreadable expression. He stood in front of me looking at me and then asked, "May I know what you were thinking that made you smile so beautifully?"

I looked down trying to hide the blush that was coloring my cheeks right now. "I just had a view of how normal couples be, like, husband bringing in the luggage when they go on vacation." I replied in a low voice. He stepped closer and placed his fingers below my chin tilting my face up so that he could look at my face.

"Couples?? So, you already consider me as your husband?" he asked, more like stated. Then it hit me hard that he hadn't even proposed me or said those three magical words. He said we are going to spend time together but didn't quite clarify whether we were going to be like couple or we just......

I don't know what kind of face I was making but his words pulled me out of my trance, "What happened suddenly? Why did your smile disappear?" I can hear the concern in his voice as he inquired about what made me feel gloomy.

"N-Nothing... I just happened to remember Can." I lied. I shouldn't give myself more hopes because what I was getting was more than what I deserved. Call me insecure but anyone in my place would feel the same.

"You are lying... You know that... right?" he asked. I felt guilty for my own actions but I didn't want to be someone who will look greedy in his eyes. The next moment he let go off my chin with a sad look on his face. I felt more horrible now for having lied to him. But then, I was swirled around and pinned to the wall.

"If you don't tell me what you were thinking, I will get it out my own way. Wanna try?" he sounded so much different right now. He looked in my eyes and I felt like he can look pass them and see all the things inside me. I felt like I was being hypnotized by those dark orbs.

He leaned closer still maintaining the eye contact. His breathe fanning against my face. "You know you can tell me what's going on in your mind." He said, his tone gentle and raspy. I felt my legs tremble and on the verge of giving up.

"I-I didn't mean it that way but I just had that thought that couples be like this. Not that I am complaining though. You have already given me everything more than I could ever ask for and I am really grateful to you about it." I said. "Then why did you suddenly felt unhappy?" he questioned.

I bit my bottom lip trying to phrase a sentence so that my thoughts wouldn't hurt him. "I just thought that I am being demanding and pushing you to do things" I confessed feeling guilty for my own actions. He let go off my hands and the next second, I was pulled in a hug. I can feel the emotions flowing through him as he held me against him. His warmth was comforting in its own way and I leaned into him trying to forget all the painful thoughts.

"Why do you always have to keep things to yourself? Didn't I tell you to let it out and let me know? Are you still having issues trusting me or do you think that I might never understand?" he spoke, his words stabbing me straight in my heart. Last few months I have been holding up everything inside and it was like a defense mechanism to me, as if trying to protect my dreams from getting broken. The fear that I will never be able to live a normal life had envelope me so bad.