Feelings for you

Pete's POV:

(Continuation of flashback....)

I woke up to the feeling of a soft blanket wrapped around me as if I was sleeping on a fur. I opened my eyes for a very unfamiliar view in front of me. The place looked quite neat and tidy and the temperature inside had dropped to really cold ones. I clutched onto the duvet covering me and pulled it close to my chest.

My eyes scanned the place and realized that I was in Ae's office. I sat up abruptly and then groaned due to the pain in my lower back. "Pete? Are you alright?" Ae's concerned voice floated through the room and then he rushed towards me. "I am fine... I shouldn't have moved suddenly." I replied.

"It's okay... I'll get you a pain killer. Wait here." He said leaving me on the sofa and returning back to his table which was now neatly arranged without any trace of what had happened inside the office. I then noticed that he was half naked, only wearing pants and his t-shirt was hanging on a hook.

He rummaged through the drawer and returned back holding a strip of tablets and glass of water. He placed the glass on the table and then removed one tablet and handed to me. I placed the tablet in my mouth and then pushed it down my food pipe with the help of water. "You can sleep for some more. I have already informed the maids that you are here. I'll wake you up for lunch." He informed. I hummed in response and lied down on the couch closing my eyes. And I again drifted into the dreamland.

My life in the mansion was much more beautiful than expected. I had his attention and care and that was more than enough for me. Day tried to talk to him few times but he informed her that she will be reporting to someone else from now on. She was pissed off after hearing it and tried to harm me.

One night, I was sleeping in my room when she sneaked inside without anyone's notice. She had planned of shooting me while I was asleep but her planned failed miserably as Ae entered the room from the secret door. He seemed to have set up some alarm system to detect anyone entering the room after dinner. He was notified as soon as Day entered my room and he immediately rushed inside my room.

Day tried to escape but Ae was completely consumed with rage upon seeing how she had sneaked into my room. He ordered the guards to take her away to extract all the information from her. I was woken up when I heard Ae's voice and found the guards dragging Day out of my room.

"Ae, what happened?" I asked in panic. "Nothing my baby doll... Nothing will harm you when I am there. Go to sleep..." he said while caressing my cheeks. I must have been really sleepy because I obeyed his order and went to sleep.

The next morning when I went for breakfast, everyone seemed to be quiet. This unusual silence was making me anxious so I decided to confront Can. After breakfast, I made my way towards Can's room. I knocked on his door and he soon opened it.

The moment he saw me, he smiled brightly. "Pete!! Come inside... Do you wanna watch a movie?" he asked while grabbing my hand and pulling me inside the room. "No... But, I have something to ask." I replied. "Sure, you can ask anything." He said while flopping down on the couch and patting the place beside him, gesturing me to sit.

I acquired the empty place beside him and looked in his direction. "Can, why was everyone so quiet at the dining table?" I inquired. "Well, you must be knowing that Day broke into your room last night. Right?" he said and waited for my response. "Yeah... I remember... What about that?" I asked.

"Ae asked the guards to take her away and then, there was investigation. Turned out she was planning to kill you. Ae was furious beyond limits and shot her dead. Everyone is really scared now since Ae is being really very protective and over possessive about you. Also, they were mourning for the loss of one of the member who had been working with them for long. Day had been really a bubbly person in her earlier days but then her obsession for Ae landed her into a situation where she ruined everything. I feel pity for her but it wasn't right what she did. Ae had already informed that he won't spare anyone who would try to hurt you." Can explained.