Wedding

Pete's POV:
The rest of the week passed in blur and the big day finally arrived. Can made sure that I and Ae slept in separate rooms when only three days were left for wedding. He knew Ae will not be able to control himself and will end up devouring me and he didn't want me to have a hard time while walking around. As a result, Ae looked a lot more grumpier.

"You look pretty." Can complimented while walking into my room. I had just finished getting ready and was looking into the mirror to make sure that I looked good. "Thanks..." I replied while smiling shyly.

"So, how are you feeling?" Can asked. "Don't know... Excited, worried, overjoyed, anxious... It's actually mixed feelings right now." I replied. I didn't know how to describe that feeling. It was a mixture of all emotions. "I can understand. Don't worry, everything will be fine." Can tried to assure and wash out my anxiety. But nothing could actually prepare me for this big day of mine. This was the day that I have dreamt of and few weeks before I thought it would just be a dream.

"Come on, smile!! I want the wedding pics to look good. Beside, have you slept well?" he asked. "Yes... I did everything as per you had instructed." I said. "Good... Now let's get going. The ceremony is about to start." Can said while holding my hand and walking out of the room.

Practically, I didn't have any blood relative left to call for my wedding. My friends had abandoned me long way back when I needed them. It was only Ae and this people here whom I could call mine. So, Can was the one who was going to walk me down the aisle. And I was more than happy to have him beside me.

I took in a deep breathe as I stood waiting for the time to finally step into the magnificent hall that was decorated beautifully and now filled with people who had come to witness our union. I knew better not to expect normal people sitting inside. They will usually be people associated with underworld.

"Ready?" Can asked. "I don't think it will get any better after waiting for more time." I replied while trying to wipe the my sweat covered palm on my trousers. "It's alright Pete. Everything will run smoothly. Just remember to smile when you step out in view and I am there beside you all the time." Can tried to calm me down.

I looked down at the bouquet in my hand and a tear escaped my eye. I missed my parents and my granny. I wish they were here to witness the important moment of my life, my wedding.... Can must have seen the tear and immediately turned his whole attention to me. "Are you alright?" he asked in panic.

"I am fine..." I replied while sniffing and trying to compose myself. "Are you sure?" he tried to confirm. "Yes Can... I just happen to remember my family. Nothing else. I wish they were here with me on my important day." I said. Can wrapped his arm around me and began to rub my arm trying to comfort me.

"We are there with you Pete. We are a family. Also, don't ruin my efforts by crying and spoiling the make up." Can tried to divert my attention and make me smile. I did let out a short laugh which sounded like I had almost chocked on something.

"Hmm... Let me look." He said grabbing my face and then examining it carefully. He was really serious with his work and looked pissed off whenever he felt that it would be getting ruined. "Thank God!! It didn't get smudge." He said while pulling his hands off.

"No more crying. Okay? We want the pictures to be bright and beautiful. Not something you will want to see with smudged faces. It will be a different thing if Ae ruins the make up when you are alone but for now, you better not get me pissed." He said. I knew this was his way of joking and I totally liked it.

I smiled and then composed myself. We will be walking out any time now. But then I felt a little dizzy and stumbled. I hurriedly grabbed on to Can's arm for support. "Are you alright?" Can asked while holding me in hurry. He helped me get steadied and then looked at me with worried face. "What's the matter? Are you feeling sick?" he inquired.