Not pregnant

Pete's POV:

I composed myself and then moved to fix my appearance; I cannot let anyone see how I look. I grabbed the two sticks on the counter and threw them into the dustbin hiding the evidence of my doings. I was already upset and didn't want to drag Ae into the same.

I looked into the mirror as I wiped off the tears and splashed my face with lot of water. Then I wiped it off dry and then looked into the mirror again to verify that I looked fine before moving to open the door. I unlocked it and pulled it open only to see Ae standing outside wearing his shorts all ready to sleep. "What were you doing inside for so long?" he inquired while looking at me.

"Err... I just got fresh and changed to sleepwear." I replied while trying to hide the disappointment in my tone. Even though I tried my best not to sound sad, Ae immediately got the whip of sadness in my tone. "What's the matter?" he asked looking at me with sharp piercing gaze.

"No... Nothing.... I am just tired." I replied. He looked at me for another two seconds before his facial appearance changed and he smiled at me. "Take rest then..." he replied. I tried to smile at him as I walked out of the bathroom towards the bed.

"Pete.... I'll just use the bathroom." He stated while disappearing behind the doors. What's wrong with him? Didn't he get fresh before coming here? I just pushed the thought to back of my head and moved towards the bed to lie down. I was tired from the journey and the party and the test results right now had already killed my mood to do anything.

I climbed on the bed and lied down, pulling the duvet to cover myself. Why it had to be like this? Why is it that when I need something, I always have to yearn for it? It's like God is always playing some tricks on me.

Just when I was about to close the eyes, Ae walked out of the bathroom with something in his hand. I tried to ignore but how can I when I see the familiar thing in his hand. "Can you explain me about this?" he asked pointing at the pregnancy test kit.

I sat up abruptly with my mouth hanging open and eyes shooting wide as I looked at the thing he had raised to make it visible to me. "A-Ae... that.... I....." I couldn't find the words to explain. What should I tell him? The results were already visible.

He turned around walking back into the bathroom leaving me alone to think about how to explain it to him. I am sure he will be furious and I am in wrong since I lied to him.

He returned back after sometime and climbed on the bed and made himself comfortable besides me. "Can you tell me now what was the matter?" he inquired while grabbing my hands and stroking them lightly.

"I..... I wanted to check if I..... I.... I was pregnant... I was just..... curious..." I replied in a low tone. "You are still lying. Say it out clearly so that I can know." He commanded. "I want a baby of our own and I expected that I will be pregnant after vacation. That's the reason I wanted to go out tomorrow. To buy the pregnancy test kit but then Can had already bought one for me. So after party I hurried to check expecting the results will be positive but then it turned out that I am not.... I felt disappointed." I blurted out.

"Are you just sad that you are not pregnant?" he asked to confirm and I nodded in response. "I seriously can't believe you!" he exclaimed while pulling me against his chest. "You are sad because you are not pregnant? It's not that we have trying for long and it's like you have failed the results. It's just the first time and we have just begun. Don't worry my love, we will have kids soon. And if you keep getting upset like this, then I might end up adopting a child." He said.

"AE!!! I want a little you and me... Our baby... I want a family..." I said while sobbing. "I know love and I can perfectly understand. But think over it na... We have just begun. We still have lot of time to practice... Besides, we still aren't married. There are couples who got their first child after trying for more than five years so don't be disheartened with this small results... We can keep trying." He said. While rubbing my back to calm me down.