Secrets out

Pete's POV:

We reached back and I saw the paramedics vehicle parked outside the medical building. I got out of car and rushed towards it to check for Can. My heart was thumping in my chest and I felt like my legs were about to give up. When I arrived, I saw the stretcher being taken inside the building and the little figure lay on it without any motion. Tin was beside him all the time, silently looking for everything that was happening.

I rushed inside the building following the trail of the people who were heading in front of me with fast pace. And then, they disappeared behind the doors and Tin was held back from going inside. He protested, tried to shove the people away but the guards were strong enough to hold him back. I can see him slowly crumbling into pieces.

I rushed towards him trying to comfort him. As I approached, I can see his shoulder shaking and little muffled sobs were heard. I gestured the guards to leave and sat down beside him. I rubbed his back trying to calm him down. "Tin, he will be fine." I tried to assure.

He didn't say a word but began to cry some more. I have never seen him so lost. Just then, Ae approached us and saw Tin's condition. His gaze dancing between the door of operation theater' and Tin. He didn't say a word but sat down on the other side of the Tin. I can sense the gloomy mood that was lingering around all of us.

Seconds, minutes and hours passed by but we still sat in the same place waiting for the doctor to inform us about Can. After what felt like eternity, the door was finally opened and the doctor walked out. I held my breathe as Tin and Ae rushed towards him to inquire about Can.

"How is he?" Tin asked. "He is fine. Nothing to worry about. We have successfully removed the bullet from his body and right now he is unconscious but you can see him when he comes to his senses. But make sure not to disturb him much. You can go one person at time." The doctor replied.

I can see both of them sighing in relief while I let out a deep exhale. Then, Can was brought out from the operation theater and shifted into another room. I thought it was better to let Tin be with Can since he was worried to death. I stepped forward when Ae was about to go inside the room and held his hand.

"Let Tin go inside first." I told him. He looked confused but nevertheless thought of trusting me. He stepped aside and allowed Tin to go inside the room. Tin thanked me as he slipped inside the room and closed the door.

"May I know the reason why you stopped me?" Ae questioned. "You didn't see anything?" I asked. I couldn't stop myself anymore. "What??" Ae was still confused. "Ae, Tin loves Can and Can too loves Tin. Don't act on impulse and listen to me first. They had been in a relationship for quite sometime and Can wanted to tell you but he was afraid that you might hurt Tin. Ae, you need to know that Tin means a lot to Can and also, he doesn't want to leave you. Today, Tin tried to protect me when the person aimed the gun at me but then, Can dived in front of us taking the bullet on himself. Ae, please... Let them be together." I pleaded. Right now, I was ready to do anything for Can because he had saved my life. And they both deserved happiness.

"Pete, I am not against him being with Tin but why didn't he tell me before?" Ae questioned. "Think about what would have happened if he did. If he had told you earlier, you would have either killed Tin or made him leave Can. And he was afraid of it. Ae, we have each other, don't you think Can too should be happy? Besides, Tin is the right ones for him. No one will love Can more than him." I tried to explain.

"I am not against him my love. I will never hurt Tin because I can see that he is really someone I can trust. But what disappoints me is the fact that Can was scared that I might hurt Tin. I might be tough for others but he is my brother, how can I hurt his feelings?" Ae's voice had turned soft and I can feel that his thoughts have trailed far away.