I have your attention

Pete's POV:

When I opened my eyes, I saw the familiar view as I had seen just few days ago, the same white wall and the same white ceiling. I turned my head to look around and then found Ae sitting on a chair right next to my bed, lost in deep thoughts. I wonder what's running in his mind.

"Ae...." I called him but my voice was so low as if my body had been drained off the energy. He looked up at me and I smiled at him. "You are awake!!" he said while leaving his seat instantly and coming close to me, cupping my cheeks with his hands. I can see the relieved expression on his face as he looked at me.

"You look worried." I commented. "What am I supposed to do when you suddenly go unconscious? May be I am a stronger man from outside but my heart is really fragile. You scared me." he complained. I can see the deep concern in his eyes as he looked at me and stroked my cheeks.

"I am sorry na but I will take proper care of myself and the baby from now on." I promised. I can see his eyes glistening with tears as he looked at me. Without saying any words, he leaned closer and kissed me on lips before pulling back and looking at me fondly. His hands slowly reaching my belly and caressing it.

His hands moved lower lifting up my shirt a bit before he bent down and planted a soft kiss on his tummy. "I am sorry na my baby for troubling your por. I'll try to be a good daddy from now on." He spoke to the little life inside.

"Ae... You are already being a good daddy." I replied. He looked up and then came closer to my face. "No... I am not.... I have been stressing you with unwanted things and your health was completely ruined. We didn't even celebrate the arrival of our baby. So, after the doctor allows you to leave, we are going back and celebrating with everyone. And you are not allowed to deny." He ordered.

"Khrab!! But can you stop worrying now? I am fine... And the baby too..." I assured. I felt like I saw guilt on his face before he hurriedly covered his expression with a smile. Was I hallucinating? "Pete, what would you like to eat? I will get it for you." He said.

"Anything is fine khrab..." I replied. "Then I will order your favorite..." he said while fishing out his phone and placed an order for my favorite food. I was about to ask him what doctor has said but just then, the doctor walked into the room.

"You woke up?? How are you feeling? Is it hurting anywhere?" he inquired. "No... I am feeling perfectly fine, just that am bored sitting in this place. When can I leave?" I asked. I can see the doctor shake his head as he moved towards the devices that were connected to me and then looked at them with serious expression.

"I can allow you to leave when the IV is finished but make sure not to stress yourself and have meals on time. You don't want to trouble your champ. Right?" he said. I nodded my head in approval while he did few more checks and then asked Ae to come along.

Ae's POV:

After Pete woke up, I wanted to call the doctor but he came soon and saved me the trouble. Pete was getting anxious to leave and asked the doctor when he can leave. The doctor checked the machines and then informed Pete that he can leave after the IV is over before asking me to follow him.

I walked out of the room with him and as soon as we were out of the hearing range the doctor turned towards me with serious face. "We should call it miracle that the baby was saved but you will have to be careful from now on. Don't let him take stress of anything and try to keep him happy as much as possible. In that way, he will recover fast and also, it will help the better growth of the little ones. One more thing, he will start having extreme mood swings, weird carvings and also due to hormonal changes he might feel like getting intimate. There is no issue in getting intimate but make sure that you use comfortable positions. Also, don't allow him to lift heavy things." The doctor advised.