Compromise

Pete's POV:

(Continuation of flashback....)

Ae helped me dressed up or it would be more convenient to say that he dressed me up because I didn't have any energy left to move my muscles. After he was done, he quickly wore his clothes and returned back to me. He gently picked me up in his arms and began to walk out of the gym. "Ae... I want to talk to you about something." I said finally coming to my senses and realizing why I was here in first place.

"Sure... what do you want to speak?" he asked while walking out of the gym and moving towards the steps. He began to climb them carefully and I can see that the maids were looking at us and whispering something to each other. "Ae!! Why do you have to carry me like this? I would have waited for a while to gain back my energy." I said with a bit of frown.

"You don't have to worry about anything when I am there. Just stay quiet and let me help you. Also, you look kinda sleepy." He replied. I whimpered and then buried my face in his chest trying to avoid any more embarrassment.

Finally, we arrived in room and he gently placed me on bed. "Wait here.... I'll be right back." He said while rushing towards the secret door. He opened it and entered his room only to return back soon holding something. He handed me two tablets and glass of water. I took the tablets without saying anything and then gulped them down. I drank some water and handed the glass back to him.

"Why did you give me two tablets?" I asked in confusion. "Weren't you aware about what happened?" he asked a bit surprised. "I remember but you usually give me one tablet. Why two this time??" I inquired. "Because we didn't use protection. You know the consequences better so I already took the precaution. You don't have to worry." He replied.

Hearing those words made me realise that I had almost got knocked up. But then the thought about what would have happened if he didn't hand me tablet began to creep in my mind. I would have been pregnant and soon, we would have a baby. A little him and me, running in the house calling me papa, the cute laughter. How much I will rejoice at the first word, first step, first tooth, everything that my child would do. It then began to ache my heart thinking what I was missing. This was just the beginning, there were lot many things that I would have to compromise with because of my decision. Lot many things that I yearned for and will remain as a dream.

"What are you thinking?" the sudden question from him brought me back to my senses. I blinked few times and looked at him trying to find an appropriate answer. There was no way I can let him know about my thoughts. It was more than clear that he didn't want kids.

"I just wanted to speak to you about something important and that's the reason I had come to see you in gym." I replied trying to keep my voice from breaking and diverting the conversation to the concerned matter. "What is it?" he asked patiently.

"You don't have to be so insecure about me. I am not gonna leave you. You should know that am very happy being with you and I don't want to have anyone else. But then, you shouldn't be rude to others when they talk to me. It might make them feel that I am a threat and they might start disliking me. Also, if you continue the same than I might start feeling that I am trapped in a cage rather than living in a house. Can you be a little lenient in allowing others to talk to me and don't be angry? It will be better for all." I put forth.

"I am sorry... I never thought that way. I should have known that I am being a little overboard. I'll try to control my emotions from now on." He replied. "Ae, just think about this. You have this big mansion that belongs entirely to you. Others can see it and admire it but they can't have it. That's the difference between them and you. Similarly, others will talk to me and share their thoughts but in the end they know that I belong only to you." I explained.