i. night lights

________________________________________

BITTERSWEET
:: i. | night lights

The team just finished up a case. It was a guy who kidnapped women with the selling my car ruse, then tortured them for an amount of days before killing them. Luckily they found the latest victim and put the unsub back in jail where he belongs. It was pretty much a regular day for the team. Once they flew back to Quantico Virginia, the team broke away and began their separate ways home.

Hotch was headed back to his pregnant wife, Gideon was headed home, Garcia, Reid, Greenaway, and Morgan too. Then there was Jareau, she was the last of the flock to leave the building— mostly because she had to figure which case the team should take next and trust me, there were tons of case files on her desk.

As Jennifer wiped her eyes, she glanced at the clock on her wall that read 1:25 in the morning. She groaned as she opened one last case file and just reading the beginning shocked her. She knew this was the case she would be presenting in the morning. She closed the file then got up, gathering her things before she began her way to the elevator.

She took the elevator down to the garage of the building and walked to her car. She got in and placed her bag on the passenger side, then started the engine. She blinked twice to wake herself up before backing out the parking space and beginning her way home. It wasn't a long drive, it was quite short. She took the route she always did— drove straight for ten minutes then turned a quick right before hitting a red light.

She was the fifth car in line. Something told her to look to the right, towards the ally way and she did. She saw girls fighting. As the light turned green she thought for a moment before getting out the car and running to intervene this fight.

"Ok, ok!" She separated the girls, "What the hell is going on here?"

One of the girls crossed her arms over her chest, "It's none of yours business."

"Really?" Jennifer rosed her brows, "You do realize I'm the police right?" The girls gulped as they shared quick glances at each other before looking back Jennifer's way. "So her cut lip and bruised cheek isn't my business?" The FBI agent retort.

The two girls turned around and ran off. Jj would've chased them but considering it was nearly two in the morning and how tired she was, she didn't have it in her.

"I had it handled." The short girl turned to jj.

"Sure you did. So you gonna tell me why a fifteen year old is out at nearly two in the morning? Either your parents don't know or they don't care. From the look you're giving me, they don't know." Jennifer concluded. Did she just profile the girl a little? Yes she did.

"What are you? Some kind of stalker police?" The raven haired girl avoided the question.

Jennifer ignored her comment, "We can either go to the station or I can take you home?"

The young girl sniffled a little, "Thanks but I can walk."

Her and jj both shared a tiny look before she turned around and headed down the ally way. Jj stood in that same spot watching the young girl go on her way. She didn't know whether to believe her or not if she was going to go home but jj couldn't say she didn't try. Once the girl disappeared from Jennifer's sight, jj turned around and headed back to her car.

She got in and continued her way home. After about another ten minutes, she was finally home. She was back at her apartment, a little over 2am. She closed the front door and locked it. Then tossed her things on the floor before plopping on the couch in the living room. She was too exhausted to try to make it to her bed. When you're at that state, the next best thing is usually the couch.

Jj curled up on the couch, her head resting on the arm. As she was slowly drifting off to sleep, the kid popped into her mind. She wondered if there was more she could've done because ultimately she doesn't know if that girl went or made it home. She wished she pushed a bit harder but she knew she couldn't do that to herself. It isn't a healthy thing, especially from the things she's seen from being in the field.

Jennifer finally closed her eyes bad began to fall asleep. She realized she couldn't change anything now and that all she could do is hope the girl is ok and got home safe because the case she has tomorrow . . . tonight was just an understatement.

a/n: IM SO EXCITED!!i got everything planned & since im currently rewatching criminal minds, i have tons of motivation !!

a/n:
IM SO EXCITED!!
i got everything planned
& since im currently rewatching
criminal minds, i have tons of
motivation !!