xxi. summer days

________________________________________

BITTERSWEET
::  xxi. | summer days

The last day of summer was finally upon everyone. Mia and Cole were about to enter 10th grade while Daniel was going into his senior year. The three were hanging out at the pool but it was more like Mia and Cole do something together for like ten minutes then Daniel and Cole.

Cole didn't understand why Daniel and Mia hated each other. When she tried to ask them about it, they would just ask her to drop it. That obviously was a tell that they had history but she wasn't sure of what kind.

Daniel pulled his shirt off, then leaned back in the chair while placing his shirt on the table.

Daniel's eyes shifted towards Mia, "You think you can get us some slurpees?"

Cole looked between her friend and boyfriend, "Actually, why don't you get us some? Hm, babe?"

What was more worse than being there for Mia was hearing Cole call him babe. She wants to be a good friend, supportive, but it would be a lot different if her boyfriend were someone else because Daniel makes her skin crawl and vice versa.

Daniel hated that his girlfriend took Mia's side but because he's such a kind person, he did what was asked. He also realized that Cole didn't specify on us, meaning that he only needed to get him and Cole slurpees. Mia could get her own.

Daniel got up from his chair and walked over to his girlfriend. He leaned down and gently connected his lips with Cole's. He adores cole, but he also got off on pissing off mia.

He pulled away as he caressed her cheek, "I'll be right back."

Mia rolled her eyes as she plopped next to her best friend, "What do you see in him?"