xxxvi. fire with fire

________________________________________

BITTERSWEET
:: xxxvi. | fire with fire

Only a few days had passed since Vanessa and Cole went into witness protection. The team was still keeping an eye on Miguel and looking through all the footage from those planted bugs. Considering how long the bugs probably been there, there's a lot of footage to get through.

They all sat in the conference room watching the tv that played the footage. As they watched, jj's mind wandered to when she confronted Vanessa and how she didn't want any of of that aired out. Then there was also derek, who had a bit of a relationship with Vanessa which he didn't want aired out either.

He snatched the controller from the middle of the table, "Actually, let's speed this up a bit."

Rossi passed him a look, "Anything you want to share, Morgan?"

He gulped, "No."

"Then by all means." Rossi gestured towards the tv.

Morgan let out another sigh as he pressed play and as soon as his finger lifted, moans were heard from the speaker. Everyone awkwardly glanced toward Derek who was sinking into his seat from embarrassment.

The best thing would to skip but they don't want to accidentally run over anything that could be important, so everyone sucked it up and sat there for the three minutes of horrible music to their ears.

Thirty minutes had gone by and there they sat still going through the recordings. As they thought they were getting nowhere, the door opened and Strauss walked in. She asked for Hotch to step out for a moment. Just when Hotch steps out, that's when Emily mentions,

"I think we got something."

Rossi got up and opened the door, telling Hotch they found something. Hotch then told Strauss he will come by later to finish their talk before walking back into the conference room, behind rossi.