liii. the storm

________________________________________

BITTERSWEET
::  liii. | the storm

Jennifer was up really early the next day. She told Vanessa that she was going out for a jog, which wasn't a lie but wasn't the whole truth. She was meeting Strauss somewhere where they would be private and that's not the FBI headquarters.

She jogged all the way to their meetup, which was a coffee shop. Strauss was sitting at an outside table when Jj approached. She sat across from her boss, laying her bag on the table.

"You ask to see me? Somewhere private, Jennifer." Strauss spoke.

Jj pulled out the yellow envelope, then passed it to Strauss, "Did you get one of these last night?"

Strauss began opening it, "I thought I was the only one." After looking through the photos and sliding them back in the envelope, she continued, "Just proceed with caution and if things get too out of hand, we will tell the team."

Jennifer leaned forward, practically whispering, "These photos are practically threatening. He knows where we live, Erin."

Erin shook her head, "It may not be him, it could be just a coincidence. Until the other shoe drops —— "

"We're sitting ducks?"

Erin began getting up, "Everything will be fine. But I'll look into it."

With that, Erin was headed to the office and jj began jogging back home. It took her a bit longer than she left because a majority of the way, she walked to think things through. She had to make sure what she was doing was going to be right for her family. Her conclusion —— they don't need to know —— yet.