xxvii. wishing for the sky

________________________________________

BITTERSWEET
:: xxvii. | wishing for the sky

It had been a month since everything with jj but Vanessa couldn't be better about it. She felt like she was a bit happier because everything was kind of in the open now. Also, since she started watching Savannah's son any free chance she got. Her and Savannah started hanging out more and well, after meeting her son for the first time and adoring him, she just couldn't say no to babysitting while Savannah went to a meeting at the school on a Saturday afternoon.

Jonah is a sweet eight year old boy. He grew to like Vanessa and sees Cole as an older big sister. However, he can be a bit of a trouble maker when he's in the mood and this Saturday, he was very much so in that mood.

Jonah ran into the kitchen while Vanessa was making a snack for everyone and kicked her in the shin.

"Oh. My. God! Jonah!"

She dropped the knife on the counter, wincing in pain as she put her hand on her shin.

Cole came in and began to lightly laugh once she realized what was going on. She rose her hand up to Jonah who then gave her a hi-five.

"No, no. Don't hi-five her." Vanessa spoke to Jonah as she stood back up. Jonah then made his way out the kitchen and Cole approached her mom. Vanessa gave her a look, "You are not setting a good example for him."

"I'm not the one who kicked you." She walked to the fridge, "But I did say I'd give him five bucks if he did." Vanessa sent her daughter another look as Cole continued to speak, "You told me to bond with the kid."

"Yeah, bond with him. Not instruct him to kick me."

"Mom, I'm— ow!" Cole turned around and saw Jonah standing behind her with a smile.