xlix. angels speak

________________________________________

BITTERSWEET
:: xlix. | angels speak

After the talk about doing a funeral for Miguel, a month later, it was finally happening. It was the day of the funeral, just Vanessa, Cole, and Henry. Originally Henry wasn't going to be there, but the babysitter bailed and will was on duty. They just hope he wouldn't understand what would be happening.

Vanessa just finished doing her hair before going to check on Cole. She headed to her daughter's room and found her just staring at herself in the mirror that hung on the closet door.

"Hey." Vanessa stood in between the doorframe, "Heading out in twenty."

Cole didn't say anything, she just sighed. It was clear to see she's finally coming to terms with all of this, but that doesn't mean the grieving stopped. Grieving is a long process, you just learn to live with the absence of them being gone. Cole hates it, but she's learning and so is Vanessa.

Just like everyday for the last ten years, she misses her parents. Just like how Miguel was there for her in that time, she'll most definitely be there for her daughter. Losing people happens everyday and it hurts, but it's how they lived that makes a difference.

Vanessa then left to head to Henry's little room and found him sound asleep in his crib. She thought he looked so peaceful that she didn't want to wake him, but there was no other choice.

She picked him up gently and his eyes slowly opened and closed. Since everything was already near the door, grabbing him was the last thing to do. Quickly enough, twenty minutes rolled around and it was time for them to head to the funeral.

• • •

It was a close casket at best. No one wanted to see him like that and it was however they imagined it because he never talked about his death even though he was in a like of business where death is a risk everyday. So with that in mind, they just winged it.