xxxiv. secret love affair

________________________________________

BITTERSWEET
:: xxxiv. | secret love affair

Jennifer sat at her desk late at night, there's no rush to get home anymore. Will moved out not too long ago and though she doesn't like it one bit, she didn't want to say anything after all. Her due date was coming soon but this case was her prime focus till then. She needed to protect them and she needed to get to the bottom of what was going on. That meant convincing Vanessa somehow that she can trust jj with whatever she's trying to protect Cole from.

That thought sat in her mind as she looked around the office.

She knew convincing Vanessa was going to be hard but she was up for the challenge. She was up to showing Vanessa that she wasn't going anywhere and that she would always be there. She also needed Vanessa to know how serious it is that her team knows of this crucial information, which is why not only a second later her phone was out and she had sent a quick text to Vanessa.

Just only less than five minutes later, a text was received back. Jj was happy to see that it was from Vanessa and that she agreed to jj coming over. Though it was really late, Jennifer took no time into getting out the office and rushing to Vanessa's.

It was less than thirty minutes before the blonde found herself on the porch of Vanessa's house. She didn't even need to knock for Vanessa to know that someone was out there. The door was soon opened and jj walked into the quiet house.

"Thank you for agreeing to have me over even though it's so late." Jj broke the ice as they made their way to the living room.

Vanessa sat down, "Yeah, well I thought about what you said — you and Morgan. I can protect Cole but her best chance is with you guys."