xli. butterflies

________________________________________

BITTERSWEET
::  xli. | butterflies

"Don't talk? Fine." Morgan began, "But just so you know, Miguel is singing like a canary."

The unsub's eyes widened, "What?"

"Yeah." Morgan nodded, "He's helped us here and there. You didn't know that, did you?"

The unsub finally caved, "Fine. What do you want to know?"

"Everything."

As Derek was taking with the boss, Jennifer was getting the full story of how Miguel and Vanessa met. How Miguel targeted her from the very beginning.

Each word that left his lips, made her skin crawl. He talked about how it was just business before, but then he genuinely fell for Vanessa. By then, she was already too deep to get out because of him, but little did she know. He then went on to take full responsibility of encouraging Vanessa's drug addiction until she got pregnant with Cole.

He ended with, "I had nothing but Vanessa depended on me a lot growing up. I was her life line."

Jennifer shook her head, "I refuse to believe that."

"That she isn't dependent on people?"

"She's the most independent woman I've ever met." Jennifer told him.

He slightly shrugged, "Or maybe you don't know her as well as you thought."

"Or maybe I know her better." Agent Jareau lastly said as she got up.

She headed towards the exit and walked on out. Hotch and Spencer were outside, watching through the glass. She stood there with them, looking at Miguel. She let out a deep sigh.

"Time to charge everyone." He mentioned.

One by one, everyone who was involved were charged and cuffed, especially Miguel. Once the last of them were put in the squad car, it was finally time to say the case was close.

• • •

"Cole, we've got to go! You're going to be late!" Vanessa yelled from the front door.

As she continued to stand there waiting for Cole, there was a ring of the doorbell. Of course she thought it was a bit weird, but curiosity got the best of her and she opened the door.

"Good morning, Ms. Reigns." The agent stood out there, "I thought we could have a little chat."

"Well, im about to take Cole to school. So, could this be done later?"

"No need. I pulled her out of school and you from work." He walked through the door.

Vanessa closed it behind him, "And why would you do that?"

A smile spread across his lips, "Because the case is closed."

Nobody knew Cole had rushed downstairs and just when she was on the last couple of steps, she definitely heard what she thought she heard.

"Please tell me I'm not being delusional and you actually said that." Cole approached the agent and her mom.

He nodded, "Yes, lil lady, we can go back to Virginia."

Coke hugged her mother. And as they shared an embrace, the agent informed them that they would be heading back within the next hour or two, so the two had to get their things together till then.

• • •

Yes, the timing was right, they arrived back into Virginia around one in the morning but that wasn't going to stop everyone from giving them a welcome home. The whole team decided to stay after hours and well, Mia and Savannah decided to come too.

The Reigns girls were on their way from the airport as everyone stood near the elevator. After a little over one year, it was time for everyone to reunite and since the reigns girls been thinking about a few things when they were away, it was also the time they come clean about a few things.

Not only a moment later did those elevator doors open. With smiles across their faces, Cole and Vanessa stepped out and went in for hugs. Of course Mia was the first to hug Cole and Savannah was Vanessa's.

As those two adults held one another, Vanessa's eyes couldn't help but advert to jj who was smiling. Vanessa pulled away from the embrace with Savannah then walked over to Jennifer. She wrapped her arms around her neck and jj's arms around Vanessa's waist.

As Vanessa's head rested on jj's shoulder, she whispered in her ear, "We should talk."

The two pulled away and soon everyone else went into hugs with the reigns girls. It was like one big happy family and the girls couldn't ask for a better support system than them.

But with everything that had happened, Vanessa was having second thoughts of coming back to Virginia.

a/n:
they're about to talk????
what does that mean ???