iv. wrong place

________________________________________

BITTERSWEET
::  iv. | wrong place

Jennifer and the team were on the jet heading back to the BAU. It was quite early in the morning, around 5am. They had just wrapped up a case and now they couldn't wait to get into their own beds for their beauty sleep. As jj was leaned back in the chair, she was looking through her messages with Cole. Cole's a funny kid, always sending her jokes. Jj grew quite fond of her real quickly and Cole back.

Jennifer soon turned her phone off and rested her head back as she looked out the plane window. She didn't try to fight, gave in to sleep willingly. About two hours later, the plane landed at the airport in Virginia. Everyone who was asleep eventually awoke and just like the others, began to get off the plane. Everyone all made it into the black suvs and began to drive back to the BAU before they all could go home for a good sleep.

Eventually, the suvs were back and soon everyone parted ways to head home. As jj walked up the steps to her apartment, she pulled her phone out and called Vanessa. The phone rang maybe twice before it was picked up on the other line.

"Vanessa, hi." Jennifer spoke immediately once it was answered.

"Hey, Jennifer. Is this about Cole?" Vanessa asked her routined question because usually, the only time Jennifer calls is about Cole.

"No, actually. Which might be the first." Jenifer approached her door and slid the key in the hole before turning the knob to enter her apartment, "I actually called for you,"

"Oh—!" Vanessa was kind of surprised, "Well now I'm curious."

Jennifer lightly chuckled as she shut the door close behind her, "The girls from my team are having a get together at a friend's tonight, do you want to come?"