lxiii. book buddies

________________________________________

BITTERSWEET
:: lxiii. | book buddies

Everyone was at HQ, ready for the day and prepared if there was a case. All the agents were at their desk or in their office catching up with paper work and whatnot, or like Penelope —— doing anything but work.

Lately, she has been distracted a little and so has Spencer. But that's only because them and Vanessa had started a little group of their own. It turns out Vanessa was just as nerdy as them, she loved conventions and whatnot but never been to one because the cost was always so much. Then there's also reading, which definitely got Spencer's attention.

Though Penelope was planning their night for Saturday, Spencer was busy doing a word puzzle at his desk. As he was solving the last two words, a light chuckle echoed across his desk where Emily who sat across from him heard.

She looked up from the paperwork and watch Spencer continue to smile as he finished the puzzle.

Her brow rose, "What's got you all jolly over there?"

"Just an inside joke thing me and Vanessa have." He shook his head with a smile.

"Since when are you two good friends?"

"Since I saw her reading The Great Gatsby a few weeks ago and we went on and on about it." He was so eager as he spoke, "We formed a mini reading group, us and Penelope."

"Huh." Emily nodded, "What's the book this month?"

"One of the classics, Crime and Punishment." Spencer spoke as he finished his word puzzle.

Emily then went back to the stack of papers on her desk as time was approaching noon. And just when she began planning what she should have for lunch, Garcia walked passed her desk. That was an easy tell that the team now has a case and it was time to suit up.