lxix. that im your fool

________________________________________

BITTERSWEET
:: lxix. | that im your fool

It was finally the day of Cole's graduation. Cole's been at the school since early in the morning with Mia. Jj on the other hand, has not came back yet since she left to work the day before. Apparently this case was bad and it was all hands on deck. It's just Vanessa thought at least jj would've been back by then. But then again, the day is still young.

Vanessa sat with Henry in the living room, watching Elmo on cable. Just as she thought it was getting interesting, the house phone began ringing. In the middle of getting up, the phone was already answered by Briella.

Briella walked the phone over to Vanessa, "It's your girl."

"Thank you." Vanessa took the phone as she seated back down, next to Henry. She brought the phone up to her ear, "Hey babe, how's the case?"

"So, so. The case is —— I'm going to try to be there."

"It's important to Cole, jj."

"How mad would she be if I don't make it?"

Vanessa looked up to Briella as she continued to speak to jj, "She's unpredictable. You should know that by now."

Jj sighed, "Yeah . . . "

"It's ok, though. Try your best and if not, I'll cover for you. I'm sure she'll understand, you have to help people."

"Tell everyone I love them."

"Will do, bye."

The phone hung up and Vanessa passed it back to Briella who been standing in front of her the whole time.

Briella took the phone from Vanessa's hand, "So, she's not coming?"