xi. three months and two days

________________________________________

BITTERSWEET
::  xi. | three months and two days

Three months had gone by. You would think the reigns household would be in a better place, but it's not. Vanessa is still struggling with Cole but one positive thing out of all of this is that she got Cole into therapy. It was needed. Cole didn't want to but it was the best decision. She's holding in so much anger and sadness if she won't talk to her mom about it, she'll probably talk to a complete stranger.

Cole has been there for a little over a month and still no progress has been made. As Vanessa tires to help her daughter, she's been helping herself as well.

Over the past couple of months, jj and Vanessa have gotten to know each other a lot more. She's been invited to quite a few of the team's get togethers and their spontaneous dinners after work at like two in the morning. In the midst of getting to know the team, she's also been personally getting to know another team member. His team usually describes him as a player, him never being able to keep a girl any longer than a week at most; the infamous Derek Morgan.

After one late dinner with the team, Vanessa got his eye and since then he couldn't help it when he was around her. Neither could she. It was quite obvious that they were feeling each other but jj was anything but happy about it. She actually had a lot to say. So when Derek approached her desk and asked her for Vanessa's number, jj had no problem speaking her worries.

"Do you think it's cool if I got her number? I like her and I'd like to get to know her more." He awkwardly smiled.

"So you could play her? You know, sleep with her then not call back." She bluntly said.

He put his hands up in defense, "Ok, I have done that in the past but Vanessa's different. She's definitely not someone you would meet in a bar." He pleaded, "Please?"