li. maybe this time

________________________________________

BITTERSWEET
:: li. | maybe this time

Jj had quietly entered the apartment. She closed the door behind herself, before leaving her things in the living room. She then headed towards Henry's room to find him peacefully sleeping, which put a light smile on her face. Then she headed to Cole's room and to her surprise, the teen was not there. To her recall, she didn't see Cole on the couch either. Lastly, Jennifer went to her room and after quietly opening the door, she found her girls sound asleep.

She quietly closed the door behind her, before slipping out of her clothes. She put on pajamas, then steadily slipped under the covers with Cole in the middle of her and Vanessa.

However, soon the morning arrived and though it was six in the morning, Cole was the only one awake. She slowly sat up and glanced next to her, seeing jj. A sleepy smile appeared across her lips. Before she tried to scoot out of bed, mumbling was heard.

"You can stay home today. I'll tell your mom."

"Can I stay here?" Cole looked towards jj.

"You're always welcome in the middle . . " Jj spoke in a groggy tone, "Unless Henry doesn't take it first."

With a light smile on her face, cole laid back down and tried to fall back asleep but something was preventing her at first. It was to the point where she sat back up and jj peeked one of her eyes open.

"Want to talk about it?" She ask the teen.

Cole whispered, "It's nearly seven in the morning and you just got back. You're tired."

"Tired or not, if my kid needs help, im awake." Jj began to get out from under the covers, "I'll put on the coffee."

Eventually Cole followed jj out the room and met up with her in the kitchen. The light was on and Jennifer was pulling two mugs out the cabinets as Cole sat at the table.