lvii. shelter

________________________________________

BITTERSWEET
:: lvii. | shelter

The boss lightly tapped jennifer's cheek, "Keep your eyes open, sunshine."

"What do you want, Chris?" She croaked out.

A light chuckle escaped his lips, "Oh, so you do remember me? Flattered." Jennifer just rolled her eyes as he continued, "I'm sure you know what it is I want or your friend over there." He gestured towards Strauss.

Jj spoke lowly, "We don't have whatever you're looking for. Just let us go."

He sucked his teeth, "See I would, but we have your families." He gestured to one of his goons to cue the live feed, "So, im going to ask again and it's best if you think in your family's best interest. So; where's my flash drive, jj?"

"I promise you, Chris —— " She looked him the eyes, "I don't know. If I did, I would happily tell you for the sake of my family."

"Happily?" He brought his hand up, slapping her cheek. He then aggressively cupped her face with one hand, "Not good enough, jareau."

"Seems she needs some motivation." One his buddies suggested.

Chris nodded, "So what will it be boys?" He suggested, "Erin or the pretty burnette on the live feed?" He looked back at jj, "Cole, right? That's her name?"

"I swear to god ——- " Jj clenched her teeth, "If you touch her —— "

He got up all in her face, "You'll what? Call your team? They have no idea where you are and from where im standing, I have the upper hand." He turned to one of his buddies, "Go get the pretty teenager."